Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Dubach Exhaust anyone?

Go down 
+5
germanwr250r
mordicai
Arkmage
MotoKirby
WRXR
9 posters
AuthorMessage
WRXR

WRXR

Dubach Exhaust anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Just stumbled across this exhaust. I like that you can reuse the stock heat shield. Anybody having experience with this brand?

Dubach Exhaust anyone? 6a00d83455aeb969e20148c7e1fc98970c-800wi

Motorcycle-Superstore.com is now carrying the Doug Dubach Racing Dr. D exhaust for the Yamaha WR250R (and WR250X). One of the nice things about this exhaust is that you can still use the factory plastic heat shield (shown in photo above). It attaches directly to the silencer just like it does to the stock WR250X/R exhaust.

Available at: Motorcycle-Superstore.com[quote]
Back to top Go down
MotoKirby

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 12:30 am

Looks loud.

Pretty neat feature on the stock cover fitting it.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:40 am

Looks like a new design. The older Dubach exhausts were the same as GYTR but with a different label and end cap. Dubach made the GYTR cans.

That said, my GYTR is not very loud unless it needs a repack (which it does).
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:01 am

Their web site states that the exhaust with a Quiet Core is 96 db. I believe that is quite a bit louder then stock??
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:22 am

mordicai wrote:
Their web site states that the exhaust with a Quiet Core is 96 db. I believe that is quite a bit louder then stock??

I haven't seen a measurement on the stock exhaust. I'd guess somewhere around 90-92db.

Isn't the rule of thumb that volume doubles every 10 dB? That would mean 4 dB-6dB is roughly around 1.3-1.5X louder, or 30%-50%. I consider that reasonable.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:37 am

I believe that double the sound pressure is 6 db. For me the frequency has a lot to do with how annoying a sound source is.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:41 am

mordicai wrote:
I believe that double the sound pressure is 6 db. For me the frequency has a lot to do with how annoying a sound source is.

Fair enough. Thank god the thumper is pretty low pitch :)
Back to top Go down
germanwr250r

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:00 am

How often do you need to repack the gytr? I bought a used one- think it's too loud. The first owner have drive about 3000 miles with the can..
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:24 am

germanwr250r wrote:
How often do you need to repack the gytr? I bought a used one- think it's too loud. The first owner have drive about 3000 miles with the can..

I have no idea... if it's used, and seems insanely loud... probably time for a repack.

Mine is starting to make my ears ring even with ear plugs and an arai profile. It needs to be repacked again.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 2:42 pm

germanwr250r wrote:

I would say its time. I know FMF states ever 15-20hrs of riding. But I believe that is on a track riding hard and on the throttle alot.

In the past I have done two repacks a season running 75% dirt on my DRZ400. Depends on your sound level tolerance I guess.

example here http://www.dubachracing.com/repacking.html
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 4:03 pm

Arkmage wrote:
Looks like a new design. The older Dubach exhausts were the same as GYTR but with a different label and end cap. Dubach made the GYTR cans.

That said, my GYTR is not very loud unless it needs a repack (which it does).

Thought I should post that I contact Dubach and they did not make the GYTR pipes. That was some misinformation I picked up from the net somewhere.
Back to top Go down
germanwr250r

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:12 am

Just look some Vids on Youtube, my Gytr can is much louder than in the video... And the can gets realy hot.

I repack it, this week. Have i look for something spezial to repack it. Or have i just to remove the six screws/bolts. Comes the pipe inside the can out, if i open the end (end to the mufflerpipe). Repacking the leo vince means, that you have to put the silence material out, around the pipe- but you cant put the pipe out (a silly work).
Hope its not so much work with the gytr...
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 9:29 am

Since I've got the loose spagetti style packing material I'm going to try doing it backwards next time instead of the way GYTR recommends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ght64qKhUlE

Looks way easier than trying to wrap the stuff around the pipe, then get it back into the can without it snagging.
Back to top Go down
germanwr250r

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 3:00 am

Thats they way i made with the Leo vince. Its a silly work to get the old stuff out.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 8:57 am

Seems like it would be easy with a bent coat hanger and a glass of bourbon...
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 10:55 pm

germanwr250r wrote:
Thats they way i made with the Leo vince. Its a silly work to get the old stuff out.

Haste Tuev dafuer bekommen?

RWO! freaky
Back to top Go down
germanwr250r

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 3:32 am

Oh, jemand der mich versteht...
Der Leovince hat nen E-Stempel (da wo er vernietet ist, an dem Edelstahl-Band).

Deswegen brauchste kein TÜV, vorausgesetzt, du erfüllst noch die Abgwswerte: mit Lamdasonde klappt das selbst ohne Kat.

Wie so einige in meinem Umfeld,habe ich das Stopfen des Auspuffes gleich als Anlaß genommen, den Leo um gute 6cm zu kürzen; original ist der schon recht lang, liegt unmittelbar unterm Blinker...

Später hab ich mir überlegt, wie man den OEM-Hitzeschield anbringen kann: mit Klemmen oder Draht sieht's Kacke aus- Aluminium kann ich nicht schweißen- also blank gelassen..

Habe aber jetzt sowieso den Gyt-R...
Back to top Go down
germanwr250r

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:12 am

Just repack my Gyt-R, but its even too loud.

Do you think i can quit down the can, if i use a smaller diameter in the endcap? Should be an easy Job to build a sleve that fits in the endcap- pipe (could fix it with a little skrew).
Maybe the smaller diameter will reflax the shockwaves and gases back in the can, where they got lost in the packing a bit more. But maybe the can will sound louder because the exhaust- gases will go faster through the smaller diam. (venturi).

Have anyone make experiances with quiting down a muffler??
Back to top Go down
jpatt

jpatt

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:06 pm

I am waiting for my Dr.D slip on to show up... it was listed on amazon as a full system with SS header, but they do not make a header... anyone know if an fmf or other aftermarket header will fit the slip on?? Will the header really make enough of a difference on this lil bike to matter?
Back to top Go down
jpatt

jpatt

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 11:11 pm

Also, since they labeled it a full system and it is not, I'm thinking I will return it when it gets here and take my 322 bucks to yoshimura for an rs-2.........any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
jpatt

jpatt

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:07 pm

Well if anyone cares my Dr.d pipe showed up and i decide to keep it. It looks great and sounds great...now to see what settings on the programmer work best...

Back to top Go down
jpatt

jpatt

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Dubach Exhaust anyone? 2012-016
Back to top Go down
CosmicWind

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 2:43 am

jpatt wrote:
Well if anyone cares my Dr.d pipe showed up and i decide to keep it. It looks great and sounds great...now to see what settings on the programmer work best...

Hey how is it going? How would you compare your Dr. D exhaust versus a Yoshimura RS-2 or any other slip on exhaust from a Youtube clip? I just bought a 2008 WR250R with barely 600 miles in it and looking for a decent exhaust to replace the OEM one. Would like to hear others opinions and thoughts, thanks.
Back to top Go down
wrxpro

wrxpro

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:57 pm

Looks good almost like the gytr can . I like my big gun EVO r but it's uber loud
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dubach Exhaust anyone?   Dubach Exhaust anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dubach Exhaust anyone?
Page 1 of 1