Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R

Go down 
+6
Daamud
team510
DesertRatliff
Arkmage
Snick
aw113sgte
10 posters
AuthorMessage
aw113sgte

Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R Empty
PostSubject: Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R   Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:49 pm

Just wanted to let all you guys know, the warp 9 wheel set works great. I'm able to swap wheelsets quickly since the warp 9 wheels come with sprocket and rotor. They may need a little dishing to get alignment perfect but they are pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Snick

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R   Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:16 am

I've got a set out in the garage, haven't installed them yet though. Whattya mean you have to dish them?
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R   Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 7:37 am

I'd be shocked if warp9 didn't dish them correctly. They have a pretty good reputation. Only complaints I've seen about them is that the anodizing isn't always a perfect match between wheels and rarely matches the bike right. That's to be expected though with anodizing. If you want uniformity build your own with powder coated rims.
Back to top Go down
DesertRatliff

DesertRatliff

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R   Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:56 am

What's the source for Warp 9? How much they run?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R   Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:58 am

DesertRatliff wrote:
What's the source for Warp 9? How much they run?

Thanks!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=warp+9+racing

Buy direct from their website. It's about $800 and includes rotors and sprocket. You can't beat the pricing unless you do it yourself.
Back to top Go down
DesertRatliff

DesertRatliff

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R   Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 11:24 am

That's a great deal. Thanks! Gonna turn my X into the R it deserves to be (at least for the riding I do).
Back to top Go down
team510

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R   Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 4:37 am

i really need to save up the cash! i already contacted them and they were very helpfull and responded fast! just need the money
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R   Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 10:14 pm

team510 wrote:
i really need to save up the cash! i already contacted them and they were very helpfull and responded fast! just need the money

Order way before you need them........ It's been FOUR weeks waiting for my rear. dddog

They said 2 weeks because they were jammed up with work. I called yesterday, they said it'd ship today........ Nothing was taken out of my charge card...... dddog

This will be the second group ride I'll miss this weekend. dddog

They gave the runaround with the front too. dddog

How long does it take a Pro to put one wheel together??? dddog

Unless they toss a pile of free stuff in the box this is the LAST time I deal with them. deal

It's a shame too, I love their wheels cry
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R   Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:41 pm

Got a call today...... Sounds like they want to make things right in the way of up-grades. thumb

Wonder if they read the interwebz :hmmm:
Back to top Go down
expatbrit

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R   Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:16 pm

Any comments on these vs. Wheeling Cycle Supply?

The Warp 9 wheels certainly seem a LOT cheaper, since Wheeling, once it's all added up, is in the $1100 range with sprocket and rotors.
Back to top Go down
DesertRatliff

DesertRatliff

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R   Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:26 am

I just got mine from Warp 9. Beautiful wheels and came in much cheaper than Wheeling. I guess I was fortunate too in that they only took about 2 weeks to deliver.
Back to top Go down
kbike

kbike

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R   Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R EmptyFri May 18, 2012 8:52 pm

Today I received my 21" X wheel from Warp 9, really quick service, 5 days. cheers I'm keeping the 17" rear with the Shinko 244 on it.
I really didn't have a problem with the front 17" wheel with a Shinko 244 on it, just wanted to try the 21".
I installed the wheel today with a Dunlop 606 and the front end is so much lighter. The only problem is the sidestand is
shorter. Here are a few pictures.

Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R CIMG3620-M

Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R CIMG3624-M

Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R CIMG3622-M

Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R CIMG3628-M
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R   Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:27 pm

There is a seller on Ebay that has several sets of these for sale. Would have got these but I ended up getting a set from Wheeling Cycle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COMPLETE-WHEELS-YAMAHA-WR250X-21-18-RIMS-BRAKE-ROTORS-MX-DIRT-CONVRSION-/330729723338?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D330694720414%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8516859431459794829#ht_555wt_700
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R   Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:20 am

kbike wrote:
Today I received my 21" X wheel from Warp 9, really quick service, 5 days. cheers I'm keeping the 17" rear with the Shinko 244 on it.
Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R CIMG3624-M
I see you have the harbor freight tire stand and and the Mojo bar, I have those too (actually a friend who lives in an appartment stores this rig in my garage - good deal for me!) We also upgraded the 3 wheel attachments points on the stand, uses similar white material as the Mojo bar (but more grip) - works great, no scratches.

I'm picking up my Wheeling wheels tomorrow morning on my way back home. woohoo
I didn't know about Warp 9 when I ordered the wheels (front & back.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R   Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R Empty

Back to top Go down

Warp 9 wheels to convert X to R
Page 1 of 1