Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Yet another question about Warp 9 wheels

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GT-250

GT-250

Yet another question about Warp 9 wheels Empty
PostSubject: Yet another question about Warp 9 wheels   Yet another question about Warp 9 wheels EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 7:31 am

G'day guys - Can anyone running the Warp 9 MX wheel set on the WRR please confirm on weather or not the OME disc rotors will bolt onto the Warp 9 hubs ?

I have done a search on here & also many google searches, but have found no definitive answer relating to the MX style W/9 wheels. ( I have found a few sites where people with the WRR have also asked this same question, but there has been no "closed question" definate answer ).

I'm hoping that there may be someone on here with the WRR that actually has 1st hand experience with this on their own set of W/9 wheels. I'm also proberly going to ask this question directly to the Warp 9 HQ's, and to the US supplier that i'm looking at purchasing from - but i'm just looking for some feedback from an actual "end-user" as well.

Cheers, Gavin.
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: Yet another question about Warp 9 wheels   Yet another question about Warp 9 wheels EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 9:11 pm

Well just to up-date here, that i emailed this same rotor question to the USA supplier - Moto x industries - and they have replied back that my stock OME WRR rotor WILL bolt directly onto the Warp 9 hub....

They state that the Warp 9 wheel set uses the same hub on both the R & X version, and that the bolt pattern for the rotor mounting is designed the same as per the stock WRR hub. ( Which is why for the X models the stock OME front rotor will NOT bolt up to their supplied hub, therefore they supply their own larger 300mm rotor if ordered as SM wheels for the WRX model ).

So in short, if the W/9 front wheel set is ordered as the MX style for the WRR, then it comes with the standard diameter WRR front rotor - which is mounted to the hub using the same bolt pattern as per the stock OME rotor. Therefore, according to them, the stock WRR OME rotor can be fitted straight on.

I forgot to also ask if their supplied rotor on the WRR MX wheel set is a "floating" type rotor as per the stock WRR. I suspect that it would be a "solid / fixed" mount rotor. I'm still in discussion with them on other details, so i may still ask this question.

Anyway it would still be good if anyone here with direct experience can confirm on this 100% - but it sounds as though the guys at  Moto - x - industries  have fairly good product knowledge on this subject.

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this wheel set, so i suppose if i do go ahead then i'll find out for myself on the definate facts regarding rotor mounting, lol. ( I will up-date this thread if i do purchase ).

It seems now that the only other major decision is on the colour combo options for the W/9 wheel set...

I'm considering the Billet blue hubs with S/S spokes & black rims... My only concern is how the black rims would match on my 2012 WRR, which has the standard silver finish on the alloy frame, sub frame & swing arm etc. I know that black can be matched ok with pretty much any colour combo - but what do you guys think about this combo ?? ( I have seen the pic of this colour combo on "Tonymorr's" bike in the for sale section - but i'm open to comments / photos / other suggestions on colour combo's etc ).

Thanks for hanging around if you've made it this far into the rambling, lol.  dutch 

Cheers guys.
Back to top Go down
Smashey

PostSubject: Wrx dirt wheels   Yet another question about Warp 9 wheels EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 3:26 pm

So if that's the case, if I was to buy wrr wheels and put them on my wrx all I'd need is warp 9 rotor which would awesome.
I think I read that they used there very own bolt pattern though for the x front rotor, at some point someone was asking about replacements for the front rotor
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Yet another question about Warp 9 wheels   Yet another question about Warp 9 wheels EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 6:35 pm

I have a set of Warp 9 dirt wheels on my X. Don't think I'll ever go back to the SM wheels. Dirt setup is just too much fun!

The front rotor is a solid mount, no floating disk, but it works quite well.
Back to top Go down
Smashey

PostSubject: floating disk   Yet another question about Warp 9 wheels EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 7:35 pm

Can someone point me in the direction of a good explanation of why a floating disk is better...?
I think id feel the same way which is why i want a set lol
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: Yet another question about Warp 9 wheels   Yet another question about Warp 9 wheels EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 6:25 am

Since my "old" thread has been re-newed, i'll just add that the direct warp 9 wheel replacement for my WRR came with a 250mm floating front rotor - same as per the factory design. Also i have not actually tried to fit the factory WRR disc rotor to the warp 9 hub, but at a quick glance it appears to be the same mounting.

As per Bob's above post, it would seem that for the larger 300mm "WRX" rotor on the warp 9 wheel set the front rotor is a solid mount / fixed rotor. Further to this, i'm sure that i've read previously in other threads that the larger "WRX" type rotor can be ordered with the "floating" rotor option.

It would definately be worth contacting the USA supplier at "Moto X Industries" for any inquiries, as his product knowledge & customer service is absolutely 1st rate.

Cheers guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet another question about Warp 9 wheels   Yet another question about Warp 9 wheels Empty

Back to top Go down

Yet another question about Warp 9 wheels
Page 1 of 1