Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Valve Adjustment

Go down 
+6
Oldschooler
skierd
matttys
PonchoV
SheWolf
Chrispy1200
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

Valve Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Valve Adjustment   Valve Adjustment EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 12:46 pm

So, anyone check theirs yet ? Just curious to see what people are finding under the valve cover. I want to check just to see but I'm too lazy........... Very happy
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Valve Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Adjustment   Valve Adjustment EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 9:14 am

I don't know of anyone yet who has that many miles on their bikes to have it done yet! eeek

Chrispy1200

Valve Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Adjustment   Valve Adjustment EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 6:47 pm

SheWolf wrote:
I don't know of anyone yet who has that many miles on their bikes to have it done yet! eeek

That's what I figured but I thought I'd still throw it out there for anyone who did have their valve cover off.
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

Valve Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Adjustment   Valve Adjustment EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 10:53 pm

This is another reason I bought the wr. Lonnnnnnnng service on the valve adjustment.
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

Valve Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Adjustment   Valve Adjustment EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 11:14 pm

So no one has done a valve check? I have an R with 150 miles on it and I just purchased an X for my fiancee that has 6,500 miles on the clock and I just can't imagine that I shouldn't be checking the valves. The previous owner had not checked the valves and I'm thinking it would be worth while.

Is there a maintenance schedule online that lays out the intervals and items to do during service? My search isn't pulling much up. I'm just thinking it is hard to believe the adjustment interval is 26,000 miles.
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

Valve Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Adjustment   Valve Adjustment EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 11:45 pm

Hey man don't mess w/ perfection.....at least for 20+K miles.
YES! I still llove thinking about NOT having to mess w/ that head trip.

WHAT GREAT SCOOT Valve Adjustment 379944
Back to top Go down
skierd

Valve Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Adjustment   Valve Adjustment EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 3:39 am

Matttys - Check your owners manual. In my '08's, its on page 6-2. "Check and adjust valve clearance when engine is cold - Every 26,600 mi (42000 km)"

Also, HighFive over on ADVRider has a copy of the factory service manual, and took a picture of the service intervals page:
Valve Adjustment 412636182_KeESa-M

Right now I think I have more miles on this bike than anyone else, just over 15,000 miles on my '08. I'll probably be ready to do the check near my bike's 1 year anniversary in March or April...
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

Valve Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Adjustment   Valve Adjustment EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 9:23 am

Wow, that just blows my mind.
Back to top Go down
Oldschooler

Valve Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Adjustment   Valve Adjustment EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 9:55 pm

***Thread Highjack***

Hey PonchoV! It's me, Oldschooler!

Nice to see you here. I've never noticed you here before today, go figure. I sold my Bandit. Still have the Vstrom and picked up a WR250R in July after much research, reading, research, reading. I LOVE THIS BIKE.
Anyway, good to see you.

OK you all can have the thread back now! Valve Adjustment 93746
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

Valve Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Adjustment   Valve Adjustment EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 11:35 pm

Haha, isn't it amazing how you see people from different boards popping up all over the place? I went from the BMW boards to a Triumph board to Supermoto to Yamaha and each place it seems like I know multiple people that are already there. I guess we all just need to get a life Valve Adjustment 89954
Back to top Go down
Stickman

Stickman

Valve Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Adjustment   Valve Adjustment EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:34 pm

Hi Mattys!!! Valve Adjustment 93746
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

Valve Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Adjustment   Valve Adjustment EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:19 pm

Haha, I knew I would see you and Sarah over here. Just wait until you see my WR at the Thumper Thaw. It's modded to the max. I think Sarah's bike is pretty well done up too.
Back to top Go down
greer

Valve Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Adjustment   Valve Adjustment EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 5:36 am

Hey, you two! Yep, gettin it together. Just got my Dirt Bagz and I'm tickled with the way they fit and how much they hold. Now if I just had a Safari tank..... Dang, those things are expensive!

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Stickman

Stickman

Valve Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Adjustment   Valve Adjustment EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 9:06 am

Looks like a lot of people from the Chain Gang are looking at the wr. Ike has even been asking questions about it.
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

Valve Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Adjustment   Valve Adjustment EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 7:23 pm

Stickman wrote:
Looks like a lot of people from the Chain Gang are looking at the wr. Ike has even been asking questions about it.

Well tell him to hold on until he see's Jenny's X. . . I've got the Yamalink on it, dropped the front forks about 1.5" and put on the Wheeling step seat. All I can say is the bike is low, low rider. Sneek peak . . . I will post up all the pictures when I'm done with the fuel/tail rack mods to the R.

Valve Adjustment 728511491_rLUDj-M

And the R from the F650 photo contest picture.

Valve Adjustment 728511736_VDCe9-M

Sorry for the hi-jack Valve Adjustment 810411
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

Valve Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Adjustment   Valve Adjustment EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 6:38 pm

Oldschooler,
sold the street bike for a littler dirty bike....well done.
My X & I returned this am from Big Bend Nat Park, TX. We went everywhere & surprised a few riders on other good scoots. Spent a wk there & it snowed on second day 18-26 F.
Sorry for the hi jack. So will file a ride report & how the X did on the tech stuff.

Glad to hear you have succummed to the Blue side. Valve Adjustment 983966
Back to top Go down
BluePill

BluePill

Valve Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Adjustment   Valve Adjustment EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 10:07 am

Checked my valve adjustment at about 8K miles. 3 of the valves were in the middle of spec. range, one was a bit looser but still in spec. Looks like it will go the full distance.
Back to top Go down
g-train

g-train

Valve Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Adjustment   Valve Adjustment EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 11:38 pm

g'day fella's,

so what were the clearances for the valves?... just so i can check ...i like to know my own motor.. cheers scratch
Back to top Go down
greer

Valve Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Valve Clearances   Valve Adjustment EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:43 am

Intake 0.13-0.20mm (0.0051-0.0079in)
Exhaust 0.23-0.30mm (0.0091-0.0118in)

Click on the sticky at the top of the Maintenance page and get a copy of the online service manual. Valve Adjustment is on page 76.

Post back and let us know how it goes. Thanks

Sarah
Back to top Go down
g-train

g-train

Valve Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Adjustment   Valve Adjustment EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:19 pm

thanx sarah,

very helpful... thumb

the G train
Back to top Go down
greer

Valve Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Adjustment   Valve Adjustment EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:12 am

You are most welcome. Post back if you decide to jump into it.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Valve Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve Adjustment   Valve Adjustment Empty

Back to top Go down

Valve Adjustment
Page 1 of 1