Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Yamalink impact on chain length

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
toddwmac

Yamalink impact on chain length Empty
PostSubject: Yamalink impact on chain length   Yamalink impact on chain length EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 12:26 pm

Hey guys-
I'm on an 08 WRR running 12/43 w/ the stock chain (Which I'm assuming is 108) and a Yamalink. It is a trail bike so I'm considering a 45 or a 47 but I'm not sure if I should take into consideration the Yamalink. I don't know
that much about suspension so I'm guessing at best. Any suggestions?

Thanks
T
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: Yamalink impact on chain length   Yamalink impact on chain length EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 7:38 pm

toddwmac wrote:
Hey guys-
I'm on an 08 WRR running 12/43 w/ the stock chain (Which I'm assuming is 108) and a Yamalink. It is a trail bike so I'm considering a 45 or a 47 but I'm not sure if I should take into consideration the Yamalink. I don't know
that much about suspension so I'm guessing at best. Any suggestions?

Thanks
T

The only thing the link would do is probably change is the amount of slack at ride height. The Yamalink does not change the pivit point of the swing arm.

Back to top Go down
toddwmac

PostSubject: Re: Yamalink impact on chain length   Yamalink impact on chain length EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 8:03 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Yamalink impact on chain length   Yamalink impact on chain length EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 10:29 pm

Todd,

Not sure if you have seen the following link but Rick's bike has been lowered with shock settings as well as with addition of a yamalink. The photos show what he sets for chain tension which is a bit different that the Yamaha service bulletin due to the fact that he lowered the bike. Take a peek and then decide where you want to set yours.

http://www.rickramsey.net/WR250Rmaintenance.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yamalink impact on chain length   Yamalink impact on chain length Empty

Back to top Go down

Yamalink impact on chain length
Page 1 of 1