Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

first real ride in the dirt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
seattlewrguy

first real ride in the dirt Empty
PostSubject: first real ride in the dirt   first real ride in the dirt EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 1:07 pm

i took out my WRR yesterday on its first real ride in the dirt. the location is a popular single track location in the hills and canyons in Mattawa WA. this is the location where i have ridden "my beast", the DR650 and decided to get a lighter and better performing bike just for this type of riding.

the bike performed great! even the stock tires seemed to handle everything i threw at them. i am use to running D606s on my DR650, and i was a little worried about the stock tires being like the "deathwings" that originally came with my DR650, but this was not the case. the front seemed to wash out a bit in the thicker gravel roads, but so did my D606s.

i climbed hills easily in second gear that my DR650 would slowly and barely climb up in first gear. on my DR i never really volunteered to climb these hills and only did so to get where i needed. but yesterday i climbed every hill i came across and loved every second of it. some of the hills i had second thoughts about (as i am a 1/4 of the way up them) because of the hill size and the fact i am still getting familiar with the bike. the bike also still has less then 200 miles on it, so i was trying to take it easy.

it has been years since i have ridden a true dirt bike and not a dual sport. i am very happy with my WRR. after riding that heavy DR and switching to a WRR, i feel like i could ride anything. while that is probably not true, it is a HUGE difference. i wanted to wait until after Mattawa, before i install my FMF programmer so that i have a reference point in performance gains. so far, i am bone stock performance wise and can't wait for both me and my bike to get better and tackle the tougher stuff more easily.

first real ride in the dirt IMAG0307

first real ride in the dirt IMAG0298

first real ride in the dirt IMAG0248

Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: first real ride in the dirt   first real ride in the dirt EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 2:52 pm

Get a nice set off Knobs on there and it climbs like a monkey...
Back to top Go down
seattlewrguy

PostSubject: Re: first real ride in the dirt   first real ride in the dirt EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:38 am

IAmABug wrote:
Get a nice set off Knobs on there and it climbs like a monkey...

what tires are you using?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: first real ride in the dirt   first real ride in the dirt Empty

Back to top Go down

first real ride in the dirt
Page 1 of 1