Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

x track style

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WRX17

WRX17

x track style Empty
PostSubject: x track style   x track style EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 7:46 pm

I got my X out of a pure supermoto interest. I race a 2010 YZ450f as an amateur so I had no interest in taking my supermoto offroad. Today I stopped by my buddys house and could not help but take a spin--just for shits and giggles--around his track. I was blown away, even with my battlaxes on I was able to rythm the whoops and clear a couple of his smaller 20-30 foot double jumps and was even doing some fast burm shots(mostly because once your up to speed there is no slowing down in the dirt on those street tires). I was so happy with my WRX that I am going to get some dirt tires for her. My question is, if I am going to get wild with this thing offroad then is it better to ditch the 17in rims for some dirt rims or should I just rock the fatty dirt tires for the 17in rims. Like I said I have zero expierience with this bike off road and I dont want to taco the rim if I case a big hit. One thing I did notice as a side note is that when i hit a decent rock or rut today I could feel a hard thunk from the front tire that makes me think twice(also have had this same thudding when hitting stairs) but the rim shows no signs of damage. Any advice would help
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

x track style Empty
PostSubject: Re: x track style   x track style EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:23 pm

If you got the coin get the wheels. deal

http://www.warp9racing.com/mx_wheels_yamaha.html

For about $800 you'll have TWO bikes! thumb

Hope you're not in a hurry though..... My rear is pushing 1 week late on their 2 week delivery promise budah

Great wheels though.

x track style Winter003
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

x track style Empty
PostSubject: Re: x track style   x track style EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:20 am

WRX17 wrote:
One thing I did notice as a side note is that when i hit a decent rock or rut today I could feel a hard thunk from the front tire that makes me think twice(also have had this same thudding when hitting stairs) but the rim shows no signs of damage. Any advice would help

How much air pressure you got in your tires?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

x track style Empty
PostSubject: Re: x track style   x track style Empty

Back to top Go down

x track style
Page 1 of 1