Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Speedometer Error/Correction

Go down 
+25
dc4stroke
zone47
greer
taoshum
sswrx
bhmax
Simmo
Krabill
YZEtc
oldirt
Akoffroader
Gargoyle
WeaveR
12oclocker
inspector
INSTIGATOR
flatboarder
SheWolf
desertblue
King Wolf
mtb
ZED
Chrispy1200
throck38
YamWOW!
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
wwguy

wwguy

Speedometer Error/Correction - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedometer Error/Correction   Speedometer Error/Correction - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2016 3:18 pm

2stroke wrote:

Will either correct both speedo and odo?

Sorry but this will never happen. The speedo "calibrators" are programmable frequency (pulse) multiplier/divider circuits that go in-line between the speedo sensor in the transmission and the dash display. The display does it's own calculations to convert those pulses to MPH, kPH, miles, and km. With the calibrators you adjust the pulses up or down to get desired accuracy in speed or distance, but the 7% error between those displayed units is hard-coded into the display. You'll never get them both accurate at the same time.
Back to top Go down
2stroke

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer Error/Correction   Speedometer Error/Correction - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2016 3:32 pm

Then it will correct the odometer, if I prefer that?

I prefer an accurate odo for use in fuel mileage range and service records.
I can calculate the speed in my head easy enough or use the gps.
Thanks for the input.
Back to top Go down
WR250R_daily_commuter

PostSubject: SpeedCali odometer calibration   Speedometer Error/Correction - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2016 3:51 pm

My Odometer is accurate after I installed and calibrated the SpeedCali. I use my odometer too for when I need to get gas. I get gas at 50 miles when I am commuting in the city. The SpeedCali gives a much more accurate range than before when it was way off from re-gearing.
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer Error/Correction   Speedometer Error/Correction - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2016 3:57 pm

2stroke wrote:
Then it will correct the odometer, if I prefer that?

Yes. The 12 O'clock Labs SpeedoDRD is programmable in 0.1% increments up to +/- 99.9% of the signal input. More info here if interested.

It's been my observation that most WRR owners opt for the SpeedoDRD, which is why I chose mine at the time. Some also choose to use HealTech's SpeedoHealer instead. This is the first I've heard of SpeedCali. Looking at their website, YouTube channel, and (lack of) internet presence they appear to be a new company. They all use similar technology to modify the signal between the speedo sensor and the display. The major differences appear to be in physical form factor, and programming interface & steps.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer Error/Correction   Speedometer Error/Correction - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2016 6:57 am

The speedo and odo will always be about 8% apart, but you can split the difference so one is 4%fast, and the other is 4% slow, which gets it pretty close.

I have my speedo at 100%, because I really font use the odo much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speedometer Error/Correction   Speedometer Error/Correction - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Speedometer Error/Correction
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3