Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Magnetic sump plug

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
edteamslr

edteamslr

Magnetic sump plug Empty
PostSubject: Magnetic sump plug   Magnetic sump plug EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 4:49 am

Anyone found a magnetic sump plug to use with their WR²? I looked in the microfiche but it didn't give the size of the bolt. I may have to check when I drop the oil at the weekend.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

Magnetic sump plug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magnetic sump plug   Magnetic sump plug EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 7:08 am

http://www.rivasouth.net/pages/catalogs/detail/26/200/400/20628/1/0/0/1/4/49/5345/62141/aluminum-drain-plug-with-magnet.aspx
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

Magnetic sump plug Empty
PostSubject: ally   Magnetic sump plug EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 7:42 am

Thanks, that's the idea.
Anyone nervous about the ally sump bolt - service manual says 20Nm torque.
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

Magnetic sump plug Empty
PostSubject: UK version   Magnetic sump plug EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 7:52 am

http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo/503701/Spares/Magnetic-Oil-Drain-Plugs/Economy/M12x1.5

for uk people. It's only 15mm rather than 16mm. Not sure if that's a problem. cheaper. Doesn't say if it's a steel or ally bolt.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

Magnetic sump plug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magnetic sump plug   Magnetic sump plug EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 9:34 am

I would feel more comfortable with an alloy bolt rather than a steel one. That way the alloy bolt is less likely to remove case threads in the event that the two parts get a little too friendly. Bolts are cheaper to replace than cases.

Also, 20Nm should be lots. If I recall, the drain bolt has a crush washer like most others do. Therefore, it only needs to be tightened enough to form a seal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Magnetic sump plug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magnetic sump plug   Magnetic sump plug Empty

Back to top Go down

Magnetic sump plug
Page 1 of 1