Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Skid Plate!!!!

Go down 
+7
mash100
tblumer
sswrx
craigq
rydnseek
motokid
wr250xx
11 posters
AuthorMessage
wr250xx

Skid Plate!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Skid Plate!!!!   Skid Plate!!!! EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 7:54 am

Just wondering if someone can tell me where to get a skid plate besides the yamaha one here in canada or even be able to order one....also will a skidplate off a wr250f fit that seems like the only one I can find.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Skid Plate!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate!!!!   Skid Plate!!!! EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 8:25 am

click here

This is the best looking one in my opinion: Evotech

Not sure what particulars you need to get it in Canada.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

Skid Plate!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate!!!!   Skid Plate!!!! EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:07 am

I got the ricochet one from Thumpertalk.. i think they ship to Canada. It's a beefier off road type, but that's what i wanted. I think it was around $90 shipped.. might be a little more to CA.

It came directly from Ricochet out of Utah, so they probably drop shipped it & TT didn't have to handle it or stock it.. a good idea. TT can market it & still make some money on the sale. Ricochet sells a skid plate & everyone is happy.
Back to top Go down
craigq

craigq

Skid Plate!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate!!!!   Skid Plate!!!! EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 4:39 pm

wr250xx wrote:
Just wondering if someone can tell me where to get a skid plate besides the yamaha one here in canada or even be able to order one....also will a skidplate off a wr250f fit that seems like the only one I can find.
Thanks

I ordered mine from Flatland Racing, right off of their website. Cheap shipping to Canada, and no extra brokerage fees etc.
2008-up WR250R/X Skid Plate

There are a bunch of vendors and most will ship to Canada, it's just a matter of time and money Skid Plate!!!! 61865
Skid Plate and Rad Guard thread

EDIT: Whoops, quoted the same link as Motokid did Skid Plate!!!! 986936 Sorry about that Skid Plate!!!! 645337
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

Skid Plate!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate!!!!   Skid Plate!!!! EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:12 pm

I have a Flatland Racing skidplate too & I like the design better than some of the other brands mainly because it has vent holes AND side protection for the engine. Most of the ones I've seen have either or.
Back to top Go down
tblumer

tblumer

Skid Plate!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate!!!!   Skid Plate!!!! EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:23 pm

+1 to the Flatland plate, I love mine! Skid Plate!!!! 61865
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

Skid Plate!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate!!!!   Skid Plate!!!! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 5:52 am

sswrx wrote:
I have a Flatland Racing skidplate too & I like the design better than some of the other brands mainly because it has vent holes AND side protection for the engine. Most of the ones I've seen have either or.
All sounds WAAAY too expensive - anyone manufactured a homebrew skid plate? Pictures??
I'm sure its not too hard....
Back to top Go down
tblumer

tblumer

Skid Plate!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate!!!!   Skid Plate!!!! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 7:09 am

Well, If I wanted some janky looking half-assed skid plate I probably could have made my own. But seeing than I have no TIG welder, access to decent materials, nor fabricating talent I decided that I'd order one.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Skid Plate!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate!!!!   Skid Plate!!!! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:21 am

B&B's skid plate is bulletproof, and seems to be the only one that uses tabs to mount to strong points on the frame (rear motor mounts Skid Plate!!!! 61865 ). All the others use screws. It also covers the entire bottom, unlike the others. Skid Plate!!!! 619190

mash100

Skid Plate!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate!!!!   Skid Plate!!!! EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 2:06 pm

tblumer wrote:
Well, If I wanted some janky looking half-assed skid plate I probably could have made my own. But seeing than I have no TIG welder, access to decent materials, nor fabricating talent I decided that I'd order one.

Yeah, I guess you're right, but £50 for an alli plate seems a bit steep.....
Back to top Go down

Skid Plate!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate!!!!   Skid Plate!!!! EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:04 pm

I'll probably have a go at making my own in the next couple weeks. The piece of aluminum needed won't cost more than $10. That and a couple of aluminum brazing rods and I should have a skidplate for less than $20.
Back to top Go down
Yamirider82

Skid Plate!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate!!!!   Skid Plate!!!! EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:20 pm

Moose racing makes a nice one for the wr250x. I have one on my w. Nothing fancy but it works.
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

Skid Plate!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate!!!!   Skid Plate!!!! EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:51 am

twowheeled wrote:
I'll probably have a go at making my own in the next couple weeks. The piece of aluminum needed won't cost more than $10. That and a couple of aluminum brazing rods and I should have a skidplate for less than $20.
I would be very interested - BUT...... I fear that shipping to UK would be prohibitively expensive. Any ideas how much this would cost??
Back to top Go down

Skid Plate!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate!!!!   Skid Plate!!!! EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 2:00 pm

it will cost me $15 to make it, I know since I bought the rod/6061 and it's sitting in my garage waiting to be done. I'm not going to be making them for sale, if that's what you're asking. Just my own bike Skid Plate!!!! 619190
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

Skid Plate!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate!!!!   Skid Plate!!!! EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 6:38 am

twowheeled wrote:
it will cost me $15 to make it, I know since I bought the rod/6061 and it's sitting in my garage waiting to be done. I'm not going to be making them for sale, if that's what you're asking. Just my own bike Skid Plate!!!! 619190

I would definitely pay more for that for a bespoke item though!!
Back to top Go down
NotGoingWell

Skid Plate!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Skid plate coating...   Skid Plate!!!! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 7:55 pm

I've seen a lot of flatland racing skid plates... but has anyone powder coated one black? The plate looks like it has a good combination of protection, ventilation, and quality...but that brushed aluminum just doesn't look good on the 250x which just begs to be blacked out.

I saw one plastic plate for the 250f, which fits with some heat/pressure and also the black coated acerbis plate from over seas. Any black flatland plates out there for me to drool over?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Pacquin98

Pacquin98

Skid Plate!!!! Empty
PostSubject: evotech skid plate/sump guard   Skid Plate!!!! EmptySat May 04, 2013 8:54 pm

Hey guys,
I was searching for skid plates for the last month and noticed that all of a sudden the evotech aluminum matte black finish skid plates are available again both on their website and ebay. they weren't coming up when searching skid plate but sump guard. I have an X and wanted just a bit of protection as i will be doing some off-road riding in CO with it. Also love that it matches the X frame, they do have the standard non-anodized one available to. it was 87.84 shipped.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WR250-X-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-Black-Sump-Guard-/171034456923?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

Skid Plate!!!! Yamaha-wr250-x-2008-2013-black-sump-guard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skid Plate!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skid Plate!!!!   Skid Plate!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Skid Plate!!!!
Page 1 of 1