Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Zeta XC Flasher Handguards

Go down 
+19
12oclocker
spidersoup
NorgeWR2X
Trailmoto
0007onWR
dtx
Midnite171
tblumer
88five-oh
RDJeff
oh2RideMore
Jrock
Chrispy1200
toast
Krabill
The Yeti
mwakey
motokid
SheWolf
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Midnite171

Midnite171

Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:58 pm

Where is that? Canada or the old Soviet Union? I have a feeling they are not street legal in the USA.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:13 pm

that is why you never toss any stock parts.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:38 pm

It's in Canada. Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 93746 There're quite a few yankee riders running those Zeta's and so far I haven't heard anyone getting harrassed about them. Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 29721

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:55 pm

RDJeff wrote:
Just got my Zeta flasher guards, and was wondering if anyone has used them in conjunction with the stock flashers? I like the idea of having running lights, so it would be nice to at least have those still hooked up. Ideas?

I think it would look funny if you left the stock winkers on the bike, Not to mention they probably block the zeta lights
If you like running lights why dont you poke around the aftermarket and maybe tuner shops for some little LED lamps and graft em into the handguards

As for legality, probably not many cops would bust you or even know better but federal regs dictate the brightness, the square inches of lit area, the height, the distance apart for all light used on bikes
That's why yamaha uses the same winker on many models and why european bikes have integrated winkers and we dont, also the reason why other countries get cooler tail lights
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 5:16 pm

Well you know, I ALREADY get weird looks from the cops (and other people) around here when I'm riding my R2 on the street. Even had one turn around and follow me for a bit. In our town, there has been issues in the past with some dirt bikers riding illegally on the street and train tracks. Unfortunately, sometimes (in the past of course, before I was 'street legal') I've had my issues. In Massachusetts you kind of HAVE TO take the tracks, go down some side streets or on private property fields and woods to get to where you need to go, and people are just so uptight and call the police (or yell, or chase you with a rake) whenever they see someone on a dirtbike.

So, keeping on topic with this thread, I'm afraid, even if the Zeta Flashers ARE legal, I might get pulled over quicker with them than if I have giant protruding mirrors and blinkers sticking out. At least that shows most people that YES I AM allowed to ride on the street!!!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 10:11 pm

+1/ If your bike looks like a dirtbike and you ride on the road, even if it's totally legal, there's ALWAYS someone who's gonna squeal and make life miserable.

motokid

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 5:28 am

Many here are members of multiple forums where people ride all manner and variation of dual purpose, off-road, and supermoto style bikes.

Some forums like ADV Rider have active memberships in the 10's of thousands.

Between here, Supermotojunkie, Thumper Talk, and ADV Rider I've never once read about anyone being told Zeta Handguard Flashers are not legal for some specific state.

hell....I'm pretty sure my state does not even require turn signals on motorcycles.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 4:21 pm

motokid wrote:
Many here are members of multiple forums where people ride all manner and variation of dual purpose, off-road, and supermoto style bikes.

Some forums like ADV Rider have active memberships in the 10's of thousands.

Between here, Supermotojunkie, Thumper Talk, and ADV Rider I've never once read about anyone being told Zeta Handguard Flashers are not legal for some specific state.

hell....I'm pretty sure my state does not even require turn signals on motorcycles.

Ya you're right about people not getting busted but that's more a case where police just dont know and they dont really care, it' just paperwork for them to have a problem with your signal light
Believe it or not there's laws about handlebar height above the seat, I measured the police bike and it was an inch too high LOL, exhaust volume (look at all the open exhaust on Hog's) the list goes on
You wouldn't believe the hoops manufacturer's have to leap through to get products through the system
The winkers are not compliant but no one cares, I got the mini stalks on my bike
The only time it would come up is if your insurance company was looking at a major payout and the little old lady who hit you says "I never saw a signal light", a fancy lawyer would spell it all out
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 7:02 pm

You are correct 0007. People will use any excuse they can.

I think I will go for the Zeta Flashers and remove my existing "winkers" (I'm used to calling them blinkers). I guess what it comes down to is; will my local bike inspection shop pass my bike with these on. If not, I'm sure it will be easy enough to throw the old winkers back on. I already put I yellow dot of paint right near the "DOT" on the side of my D606 tires just in case I am questioned. I'll know right where to point them out to the officer.
Back to top Go down
Trailmoto

Trailmoto

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 8:25 pm

I've had mine on for over 2 years now with no issues...
Back to top Go down
NorgeWR2X

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptySat May 22, 2010 6:54 pm

from the crash pics above. do the bikes have any frame sliders to save the bodywork at all?
Back to top Go down
spidersoup

spidersoup

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:52 pm

Did anyone successfully mount these Zeta flashers and still maintain running lights somehow? It wouldn;t be a requirement I guess, but it would be a lot cooler if there were still running lights.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:55 pm

I don't know of anyone who actually has done it, but I know Brooks from 12 O'clock Labs could make something that would make them work. The guy's a real whiz with that kind of stuff. You could try PM'ing him. 12oclocker.

spidersoup

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:16 pm

SheWolf wrote:
I don't know of anyone who actually has done it, but I know Brooks from 12 O'clock Labs could make something that would make them work. The guy's a real whiz with that kind of stuff. You could try PM'ing him. 12oclocker.

Done!

And thanks for pointing me to that store as well. Looks like they have a store with other interesting goodies too.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:33 pm

He's really good. He's helped with deals and stuff cause a lot of WR riders want ease of use, simplicity and functionality. He's got it in the bag. thumb

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:08 am

Hi Spidersoup, I tried to reply to your PM but your private messaging is turned off, so I was blocked,
But yes, I did design a product that will do the running light function for any aftermarket LED turn signals, I'll dig up the schematic and see if I can get something
together for you in the next week or so. If you can drop me an email at the 12oClockLabs website with this info, then I
can let you know as soon as I have something ready to go, I've actually been meaning to get it done, it somehow slipped my mind and I had totally forgot about it.
Thanks,
-Brooks
Back to top Go down
spidersoup

spidersoup

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 6:19 pm

Ah ya sorry about that. I emailed you at your website as you advised.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
12oclocker

12oclocker

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:27 am

Finally got them in stock again thumb
http://shop.12oclocklabs.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=70

Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 RLA1
Back to top Go down
Sproat Sport

PostSubject: anyone got them in black?   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 pm

What I like about these XC flasher handguards is the idea of taking something off (stock blinkers) to compensate for putting something on (handguards).

I'm thinking of getting black ones. Wondering if anyone has a pic of black ones installed on their WRR? Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Goggles Pisano

Goggles Pisano

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:08 am

Sproat Sport wrote:
What I like about these XC flasher handguards is the idea of taking something off (stock blinkers) to compensate for putting something on (handguards).

I'm thinking of getting black ones. Wondering if anyone has a pic of black ones installed on their WRR? Thanks.

Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 WR_front

Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 Plastic_deer
Back to top Go down
Sproat Sport

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:42 am

Sweet. Thanks a lot. Good choice on the color. I'm sold now.
Back to top Go down
danwray

danwray

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 3:05 pm

a trailer wiring harness will work as well, hook up the turn signal as directed, and the running light wire in the brake light input.
Back to top Go down
wrduck

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 27, 2017 5:29 am

I just picked up a 14 WR250R so I'm a nOOb to this forum but not a nOOB to MC wiring or LEDs. Several years ago I came up with a way to run LED turn signals so they also function as running lights by building my own what I refer to as waterproof micro-relays that cost less than a buck each to DIY.

First find some 12V DPDT PCB (printed circuit board) relays.  You can find these from the Chicoms on Fleabay or buy them at online electronics sites like Newark or Mouser.  Here's an example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/5Pcs-Mini-HK19F-DC12V-SHG-1A-125V-AC-2A-30V-DC-Power-Relay-8Pin-Coil-DPDT-/272409588202?hash=item3f6ce071ea:g:7sAAAOSw-CpX-2wS

Cut off the pins you don't need and then solder wires to the terminals you do want to use like so:

Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 Wp_relay1

Wrap it in electrical tape, hang it from the wires and the fill up the tape with 5 minute epoxy or JB weld:

Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 Wp_relay2

Here's examples of a couple of these that I've built:

Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 Wp_relay3

Pin wiring may vary but for the little orange relay above it is:

Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 Pcbrelay

To make an LED turn signal into a running light wire things up as follows:

The "-" terminal goes to ground.

The "+" terminal is wired to the input from the turn signal relay.

The "N" terminal goes to switched 12V. (ON when the bike is on.)

The "C" terminal is out put to the LED turn signal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zeta XC Flasher Handguards   Zeta XC Flasher Handguards - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Zeta XC Flasher Handguards
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2