Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear Brake Lever Adjustment

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mix123

Rear Brake Lever Adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Rear Brake Lever Adjustment   Rear Brake Lever Adjustment EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:28 am

I took the Motorcycle Safety Course this weekend and finally learned how to properly use the rear brake when doing slow speed manouvers, stopping, etc. Honestly I barely used the damn thing before I took the course. On the bike I rode at the course the lever was in such a position that I could keep my foot directly above it without engaging it. With my boots on and how high the lever sits on my wr I can't do this without engaging it....

Is there any adjustment of the rear brake lever? I read something about grinding a nut.....there's no stock adjustment of any kind?
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Lever Adjustment   Rear Brake Lever Adjustment EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:47 am

I always thought you weren't supposed to keep your foot right above the lever the whole time scratch

If you get used to it its quite a quick movement so shouldn't really be a problem after some practice.

Maybe take a look at this

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=417962
Back to top Go down
mix123

PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Lever Adjustment   Rear Brake Lever Adjustment EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:04 am

bigg wrote:
I always thought you weren't supposed to keep your foot right above the lever the whole time scratch

If you get used to it its quite a quick movement so shouldn't really be a problem after some practice.

Maybe take a look at this

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=417962

All the time isnt really what I meant. But for doing really slow speed manouvers your on and off it so much that it's not possible to move your foot back and fourth to the rear peg get on and off it. Right now if I move my foot forward to sit above it to shadow it if I need it. It's engaged. I dont think that it should be enagaged if i move my foot forward to get ready to use it. My boots have little ankle movement aswell so I cant angle my toe up comfortably to sit above it.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Lever Adjustment   Rear Brake Lever Adjustment EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:14 am

I've got to make the same adjustment on mine since swapping from steel toe work boots to alpinestar scouts.

There is typically a threaded spherical rod end on the rear master cylinder. If you thread it down tighter on the cylinder it will lower the pedal position. Requires removal of one bolt/pin, loosen the jam nut, tighten down the rod end, re-install the pin.

5 min job.

Back to top Go down
mix123

PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Lever Adjustment   Rear Brake Lever Adjustment EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:20 am

Arkmage wrote:
I've got to make the same adjustment on mine since swapping from steel toe work boots to alpinestar scouts.

There is typically a threaded spherical rod end on the rear master cylinder. If you thread it down tighter on the cylinder it will lower the pedal position. Requires removal of one bolt/pin, loosen the jam nut, tighten down the rod end, re-install the pin.

5 min job.

Thanks! This is what i was looking for.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Lever Adjustment   Rear Brake Lever Adjustment EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:00 pm

yep
take the pin holding the rear brake clevis to the pedal out
loosen the jam nut on top of clevis, spin clevis up to lower pedal
Back to top Go down
mix123

PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Lever Adjustment   Rear Brake Lever Adjustment EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:03 am

Worked perfectly. Lever is in perfect position now. Thnx
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Lever Adjustment   Rear Brake Lever Adjustment EmptyTue May 15, 2012 10:07 am

Excellent... one of these days I'll get around to doing mine :)

It's been 4 weeks and I still float my heal when I use the rear brake at low speeds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake Lever Adjustment   Rear Brake Lever Adjustment Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear Brake Lever Adjustment
Page 1 of 1