Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

should i get a 12t front sprocket?

Go down 
+3
vermillionaura
IAmABug
rahiminia
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rahiminia

should i get a 12t front sprocket? Empty
PostSubject: should i get a 12t front sprocket?   should i get a 12t front sprocket? EmptyTue May 29, 2012 5:29 am

im looking for a 12t front sprocket for my 08 wr250r it currently has 13-45 gearing and im very unhappy with its acceleration, so i was thinking 12-45 will make a big diffrence, right?

also where can i buy sprockets from that has cheap postage to australia? the ones on ebay are like 30$ postage to aus.... :( too expensive just for postage. ok found a aus site, here it is if anyone intrested, https://www.slipstreamperformance.com.au/store/index.php
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: should i get a 12t front sprocket?   should i get a 12t front sprocket? EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:11 pm

Yes. If you want more snappy it will do well. I run 12/47 dirt and 12/44 street. Works nice. As for shipping, don't know.
Back to top Go down
vermillionaura

PostSubject: Re: should i get a 12t front sprocket?   should i get a 12t front sprocket? EmptyTue May 29, 2012 2:59 pm

you should be able to just pick one up from your local moto store mate. mine had them in stock and it only cost me $22 :-)
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: should i get a 12t front sprocket?   should i get a 12t front sprocket? EmptyTue May 29, 2012 7:59 pm

put one on last week and was very dissapointed. The only difference I noticed is not as fast on highway and now my speedo is off like 12 MPH. Did not notice a diff in low end snap.
Back to top Go down
rahiminia

PostSubject: Re: should i get a 12t front sprocket?   should i get a 12t front sprocket? EmptyTue May 29, 2012 10:19 pm

mcdoudlehopper wrote:
put one on last week and was very dissapointed. The only difference I noticed is not as fast on highway and now my speedo is off like 12 MPH. Did not notice a diff in low end snap.

that sux.. what gearing did you have on the back?
Back to top Go down
rahiminia

PostSubject: Re: should i get a 12t front sprocket?   should i get a 12t front sprocket? EmptyTue May 29, 2012 10:28 pm

IAmABug wrote:
Yes. If you want more snappy it will do well. I run 12/47 dirt and 12/44 street. Works nice. As for shipping, don't know.

hey hows the chain wear with running a 12t in the front?
Back to top Go down
DragonNester

DragonNester

PostSubject: Re: should i get a 12t front sprocket?   should i get a 12t front sprocket? EmptyWed May 30, 2012 7:49 am

mcdoudlehopper wrote:

Sorry you didn't notice a difference, but the fact remains, you went from a 3.31 final drive ratio to a 3.58 with the swap. Try a 45t rear to compliment the change in the front. You can do it, with the 12t front, using the oem chain...the result is a 3.75 final drive ratio.

Last edited by DragonNester on Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: should i get a 12t front sprocket?   should i get a 12t front sprocket? EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:30 pm

will try playing with a diff rear and see if the combo will be nicer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: should i get a 12t front sprocket?   should i get a 12t front sprocket? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 9:43 am

If you can find the sprockets cheap, order a couple, pay shipping once and just play around. So far in my collection of sprockets and chains I've collected 12T, 13T, 14T, 43T, 46T, 48T, 50T (too big for me, but fun to throw on).

I'd say 99% of my riding is commuting to/from work (street). Personally, for my riding, I've found the 13/48 is about as short of gearing as I'm comfortable with.
Back to top Go down
YamahaTN

PostSubject: Re: should i get a 12t front sprocket?   should i get a 12t front sprocket? EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:19 pm

I am at 12t in the front. Stock in the back. Had to go down one for some of these rocky hill climbs that we have around here. I've been pretty happy with the results. I can still get the speed I need on the highway and have a little more low end for the trails.
Back to top Go down
f1isbest

f1isbest

PostSubject: Re: should i get a 12t front sprocket?   should i get a 12t front sprocket? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:55 am

As I ride in a thin atmosphere in Colorado I am using a 12/50 setup. This works great on the rocky terrain I ride in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: should i get a 12t front sprocket?   should i get a 12t front sprocket? Empty

Back to top Go down

should i get a 12t front sprocket?
Page 1 of 1