Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?

Go down 
+22
Chrispy1200
Delta_T
Drewmugx5t
JustWannaRide
motokid
Milagrowl
wristpin
Captain Midnight
trav72
wingnut
greer
A66auto
BigBird
edteamslr
Chief_Lee_Visceral
Krabill
mnormand
0007onWR
MeefZah
wildmotha
dirtytrixx400
tx2whlr
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Delta_T

Delta_T

fuel pump - wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   fuel pump - wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 8:26 am

Is there like a range of serial vin numbers or building dates I can check to see if mine is affected?
It seems to work fine. But as for sound, what's normal, I have no way of comparing.

Is mine ok?

fuel pump - wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? - Page 2 Photo%2011-09-25%2012%2049%2001%20PM
Back to top Go down
Drewmugx5t

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   fuel pump - wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 11:51 am

I'm betting you will have a problem eventually. How many miles are on it?
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   fuel pump - wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:13 pm

Drewmugx5t wrote:
I'm betting you will have a problem eventually. How many miles are on it?

About 4500 mls. I have no way of teling if the previous owners have repleced the pump already. The guy I bought it from didn't know. It would be a shame to replace a perfectly good pump as a precaution, but i'd rather not get stranded.
Back to top Go down
Drewmugx5t

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   fuel pump - wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 10:51 am

I replaced the pump yesterday and so far it seems like it fixed my problems. I will ride some more and let you know. Mine never left me stranded but it bogged in midrange a lot. the pump sounds completely different than the old one when you turn the key on. wings
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   fuel pump - wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 12:03 pm

Just sitting on the kickstand, should you hear the fuel pump run EVERY time you start and stop the engine / cycle the key ?
Back to top Go down
A66auto

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   fuel pump - wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 1:40 pm

Build Date 4/08 #173 with 3700 Miles

My pump was effected and Yamaha Changed it when it failed.

If the run button is switched on, you should hear the pump every time the key is turned on. I just went out side and checked.
Back to top Go down
Angel of Death

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   fuel pump - wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 10:13 am

5/08

4500 miles

No fuel issues so far. I have not run the bike in anything over 95 degrees yet. Bought it in Feb of '11 with 2500 miles on it. I put it away two weeks ago with a full tank and the blue fuel treatment that's supposed to prevent any ethanol related maladies.

Erik
Back to top Go down
Peterbuilt

Peterbuilt

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   fuel pump - wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:39 pm

my build date is 03/08 #000130

No problems so far.. 15k`s on it..

Previous owner said he never changed the pump..

Works fine so far..

*fingers crossed*

Back to top Go down
thumpergirl

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   fuel pump - wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:48 pm

motokid wrote:
Krabill wrote:
Built 03-08

12,950 miles

s/n - 001885

Fuel pump just went out.

How can your build date be earlier than mine, but your s/n is higher than mine????

Suspect Suspect Suspect

I know this is kind of old, but I've written down the dates and VINs of the bikes on here, and although it seems like they should correspond, they don't always. This could possibly be attributed to typo's, but that sure would be a lot of typo's. The VIN numbers do not consistently move up with the date. This lends me to wonder if maybe these are made at more than one location (I have no idea...), and if so, maybe the problem could be nailed down to a date and VIN range at a particular location, as opposed to just a date and VIN range. Just a thought.

I don't have a problem with mine, but like others, I don't want to be left stranded somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Heoz

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   fuel pump - wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:39 pm

One item that springs to mind is that Krabill has an R and Motokid has an X.
Back to top Go down
thumpergirl

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   fuel pump - wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:46 pm

Good thought. I was not able to differentiate between the R and X models because most were not stated. That's probably something that should have been added from the beginning to try to nail down the correct range, although my suspicion is that even if a true range is determined, all of the bikes in that range would fall under the "you might have a problem later" category. Hopefully if I (or anyone else) have a bad pump, I'll be able to get it home once it cools down. Or better yet - this never happens to me! :)
Back to top Go down
Heoz

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   fuel pump - wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:29 pm

The correct range at this point appears to be anywhere from 08 to 11 models. fuel pump sticky - click me Might just be too early for any of the 12s to have failed. At this point I'm thinking luck of the draw. Guess I had mixed luck - heat failure on an 09 R but it got me home after it cooled off.

Good luck!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?   fuel pump - wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

wr250r bad fuel pump, whats your build date?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2