Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wheeling Cycle Supply - Step Seat

Go down 
+3
deerHater
Coop
ROAM_650GS
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ROAM_650GS

Wheeling Cycle Supply - Step Seat  Empty
PostSubject: Wheeling Cycle Supply - Step Seat    Wheeling Cycle Supply - Step Seat  EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi,
Has anybody tried one of theses seats? Seems like a good price for a complete seat (139.95). Any feedback would be appreciated.

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/1/22/index.shtml

Complete seat! Bolts right on! Black gripper seat cover. Lowers seat height by 1 inch. We are your best source for this seat in the USA.

thanks,

Allen

Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Wheeling Cycle Supply - Step Seat    Wheeling Cycle Supply - Step Seat  EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:17 pm

The facts that it is 1" lower and a step style seat are the only benefits I read about that seat compared to our stock seats. If you want more comfort it seems the Seat Concepts seat is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Wheeling Cycle Supply - Step Seat    Wheeling Cycle Supply - Step Seat  EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 2:18 pm

Coop wrote:
The facts that it is 1" lower and a step style seat are the only benefits I read about that seat compared to our stock seats. If you want more comfort it seems the Seat Concepts seat is the way to go.
And if you want a wider seat (not at the front), then Sargent is the way to go.
Sargent has a wider seatpan for about 2/3 of the seat length.
But Sargent uses VERY firm padding, some find it too hard.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Wheeling Cycle Supply - Step Seat    Wheeling Cycle Supply - Step Seat  EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:57 pm

My review. <-- clickity

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Nanabijou

Nanabijou

PostSubject: Re: Wheeling Cycle Supply - Step Seat    Wheeling Cycle Supply - Step Seat  EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:33 pm

For what it's worth, I have the Corbin seat for my WR250R. I have put a couple thousands miles on it and continue to find it wayy toooo hard. And I'm not one to complain about any seat. When I press down on it with my fingers - it barely budges. I bought it because I wanted to lower the bike one extra inch beyond the stock lowering mod I had completed. One advantage with the Corbin is that it's slippery, so when you slide your leg over the seat, it slips across like butter. If the bike still feels tall - the slippery seat can make it easier to toss your leg over.

I recently installed the YamaLink, which has lowered the bike about one additional inch. As a result - I've now replaced the Corbin with the stock seat. Wow. It feels luxurious compared to the Corbin. Nice and supportive. Granted - the stock seat covering is pretty sticky - so my leg doesn't slide over the saddle as easily. Still - it feels like a big improvement. And it fits better (less of a gap) with my IMS 3.1L fuel tank, and I think it looks better too. I'm keeping it on.

If I were to buy another aftermarket seat, based on everything I've read, I would probably go for the Seat Concepts saddle. It seems to have good cushioning, yet it is wider than stock. To me - that seems to be the secret incredient. Don't spare the padding. And just make it a little wider.

My 2 cents.

Mike
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: Wheeling Cycle Supply - Step Seat    Wheeling Cycle Supply - Step Seat  EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:04 pm

deerHater wrote:
Coop wrote:
And if you want a wider seat (not at the front), then Sargent is the way to go.
Sargent has a wider seatpan for about 2/3 of the seat length.
But Sargent uses VERY firm padding, some find it too hard.

I love my Sargent seat. It's firm, but it's also flat, not humped up in the centre like some ball-busting medieval torture device wink
Back to top Go down
ROAM_650GS

PostSubject: Thanks   Wheeling Cycle Supply - Step Seat  EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:14 pm

Thanks everybody, great feedback! and amazingly fast! bow
Back to top Go down
mudmojo

PostSubject: Re: Wheeling Cycle Supply - Step Seat    Wheeling Cycle Supply - Step Seat  EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 1:10 am

I have one of these step seats. It's definitely not as comfortable as the stock seat to me both in terms of seating comfort and leg comfort.

With the stock seat, I can scoot towards the middle of the seat when I want to stretch the legs out and still be able to reach the bars well enough.

With the step seat, you either need to stay on the low step (knees bent too much) or on the high step (arms can't reach the bars comfortably; back hunched over). Of course, this is with my short arms on my 5'8" frame so your mileage may vary. Got a low SeatConcepts seat coming in, hoping this will be the magic maker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheeling Cycle Supply - Step Seat    Wheeling Cycle Supply - Step Seat  Empty

Back to top Go down

Wheeling Cycle Supply - Step Seat
Page 1 of 1