Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Front brake lever "sticky"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
toddwmac

Front brake lever "sticky" Empty
PostSubject: Front brake lever "sticky"   Front brake lever "sticky" EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:32 am

On my 08 WRR with 3k miles, my brake lever is (for lack of a better term) sticky. It binds on the way in and the way out. It does not lock up, it just is not smooth...you might also say it "feels" squeeky. I know what cooked fluid feels like and this is not the case. I've c;leaned and lubed the lever pivot but it is no longer smooth. I'm going to do a flush but I don't think it is part of the problem
Any thouhts? I ride mainly dry and dusty conditions.

Thanks
T
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Front brake lever "sticky"   Front brake lever "sticky" EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:10 am

toddwmac wrote:
On my 08 WRR with 3k miles, my brake lever is (for lack of a better term) sticky. It binds on the way in and the way out. It does not lock up, it just is not smooth...you might also say it "feels" squeeky. I know what cooked fluid feels like and this is not the case. I've c;leaned and lubed the lever pivot but it is no longer smooth. I'm going to do a flush but I don't think it is part of the problem
Any thouhts? I ride mainly dry and dusty conditions.

Thanks
T

Flush it out good, I had a similar issue prior to flushing.

Age is more important than miles when it comes to brake fluid. Being an '08 you're due anyways.
Back to top Go down
toddwmac

PostSubject: Re: Front brake lever "sticky"   Front brake lever "sticky" EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:44 am

Thanks a lot... anything special to know about flushing the WR brakes?
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Front brake lever "sticky"   Front brake lever "sticky" EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:45 am

Nah it's pretty easy. I have a cheap Harbor freight vacuum bleeder that makes the job super easy. Basically suck the old fluid out while adding new fluid at the MC.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Front brake lever "sticky"   Front brake lever "sticky" EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:46 am

Nope, just like any other brake system except you can reach the bleeder and the lever yourself so you don't have to share your beer with a buddy.

*edit*

doing the rear is a little tricky. you'll need to remove the rear master cylinder from the frame in order to get clearance to remove the screws in the reservoir cap.

I also found it easiest to refill the rear reservoir using a medicine syringe (in the baby isle at the store) to avoid spill.
Back to top Go down
toddwmac

PostSubject: Re: Front brake lever "sticky"   Front brake lever "sticky" EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:50 am

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front brake lever "sticky"   Front brake lever "sticky" Empty

Back to top Go down

Front brake lever "sticky"
Page 1 of 1