Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rev limiter question

Go down 
+2
IAmABug
dmmcd
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dmmcd

dmmcd

Rev limiter question Empty
PostSubject: Rev limiter question   Rev limiter question EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:52 am

I hit the rev limiter several times this morning, somewhat unexpectedly. I am still fairly new to this bike, but it almost feels like it is hitting the limiter too soon. The bike pulls strong and feels like it wants to keep pulling, then it starts bouncing on the limiter. It feels like it could rev another 1000 rpm or more. My prior bikes were carbed and you could really feel a drop after peak power and before the limiter kicked in. My CRF250r pulls to 13,500 rpm so maybe I am trying to get the WRx to feel the same...

It was chilly this morning, about 50 deg F. My bike has FMF Q4, stock header, FMF programmer currently set to 2-3-1-8-6-4 (still playing with that). AIS removed, and I recently did the "ultimate" air box mod. I was also playing with the C1 setting on the stock ECU a bit yesterday, it was at -11 stock and I currently have it at +1.

Are the mods and the crisp temperatures just making this bike rev a lot faster and pull all the way to the limiter? I'll have to put it in diag mode to see what the actual RPMs are doing.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Rev limiter question   Rev limiter question EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 12:12 pm

Not sure. I know with my WRR I hit the rev limiter in 1-3 pretty often. It just may short gearing. This bike likes to be shifted. :)
Back to top Go down
thumpgrinder

PostSubject: Re: Rev limiter question   Rev limiter question EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 8:55 am

I think it's just the way the bike is geared. I hit the rev limiter often too. I think with the 5th gear on this bike unlike other in its class makes the gears a bit shorter.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Rev limiter question   Rev limiter question EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 4:37 pm

I think the rev limiter cuts in at about 10800.
With the majority of the power on top...I'm usually not riding that far from it, while playing.
My bike always hits the rev limiter eagerly...I always need to remind myself to shift when riding aggressive.
But I dont feel bad about it because it;ll probably keep my engine tickin alot longer.
I'm sure I'm not the only one that would abuse a 13500 rev limiter, if we had one :)
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Rev limiter question   Rev limiter question EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 11:25 pm

I rarely hit the limiter. I can tell when the power signs off and that signals the time to shift. It's pretty noticable on my bike.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Rev limiter question   Rev limiter question EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 11:53 pm

pbnut wrote:
I rarely hit the limiter. I can tell when the power signs off and that signals the time to shift. It's pretty noticable on my bike.

I can see how one could do that...i do that at times.
but having an engine that likes to rev, just promotes a kind of ass, in people like me.
To me its all about 1st, 2nd, and 3rd on this bike...a back sprocket to tune that in, would be some kind of perfect.

Give 'er, 'till she quiver...
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Rev limiter question   Rev limiter question EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:40 am

click me <-- for reference.

And the 10,800 rpm comment...... NOT 11,500

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rev limiter question   Rev limiter question Empty

Back to top Go down

Rev limiter question
Page 1 of 1