Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

CO Diagnostic mod no workie

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rapid Dog

CO Diagnostic mod no workie Empty
PostSubject: CO Diagnostic mod no workie   CO Diagnostic mod no workie EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 11:13 am

I don't know about anyone else, but my bike won't start in the C1 diagnostic mode.
I tried this three times.
Plugged the leveler module in hot with the key on and mode set, etc., made sure I replaced the leveler in it's proper "UP" position.
Would not start. dunno
Switched the key off then back on, started right up each time....

CO Diagnostic mod no workie IMG_5945

[QUOTE=OSU;17098475]I just did this today and mine was at -4 I moved it to 0 and now I can pop wheelies on accident haha! all I am adding is pictures to this tutorial, all credit is due to TwilightZone, Dirtytrixx400 and GSBS

To access the controls for making these changes, you must first make a jumper wire to ground (did mine to the negative battery terminal) from the "extra" black wire in the connector for the lean angle sensor underneath the seat. There are three wires on one side of the connector that are used by the LAS and another black one on the opposite side that connects to nothing. This is probably used by the dealer to connect to Yamaha's diagnostic software.

OSU:(Here is the lean angle sensor under the seat.)

OSU:(There is the one lone black wire on this side of the connector.)

OSU:(Here is the other side, you need to jump the black wire to the ground wire on this side as seen in these next pictures.)

1. Hold down the "reset" and "select 1" buttons on the insturment cluster at the same time and Turn on the key (but don't press the starter button) while continuing to hold these two buttons. After 8 seconds the display will read "diag"

2. Once in the "diag" screen, press the "select 1" button only. The display will change to "CO"

3. Press both "reset" and "select 1" again (same as step 1) and after 3 seconds the display will show "0" on the left and "C1" on the right.

4. Again press both "reset" and "select 1" for another three seconds and the display changes to "C1" at top right with a number shown below. This number is the current CO setting (it will be somewhere from -30 to +30)
OSU:(mine was at -4 stock and I think 0 is the best setting if you are bone stock because I went to 1 and I couldn't do
wheelies so I put it back to 0)

6. Now start the bike. At the top left you'll have a digital tachometer. Also, while in this mode no mileage is recorded on the odometer. OSU:(you will need to remove the jumper and plug the connector back in in order to start to bike.)

7. To change a setting, use the "select 1" button to make the numbers higher (+) or the "reset" button to make them lower (-). When you turn off the ignition the bike is set to whatever number you had set at that time.

OSU:(I am not the original writer of this I just added pictures all credit is do to TwilightZone, Dirtytrixx400 and GSBS)[/QUOTE]

Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: CO Diagnostic mod no workie   CO Diagnostic mod no workie EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:25 pm

Quote :
Plugged the leveler module in hot with the key on and mode set, etc.,
made sure I replaced the leveler in it's proper "UP" position.
Would not start. CO Diagnostic mod no workie 29721
Switched the key off then back on, started right up each time....
If you activate the lean angle sensor when you are handling it hot, the ECU will think the bike tipped over and will not start the engine until you turn off the key and then turn it back on. To eliminate this problem, don't handle the lean angle sensor. Install a permanent ground wire in the correct plug slot, mount the lean angle sensor in it's correct spot, and THEN start the procedure of fiddling with the instrument panel to set C1.
Back to top Go down
Rapid Dog

PostSubject: Re: CO Diagnostic mod no workie   CO Diagnostic mod no workie EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 1:04 pm

...aha! I will give that a try, never considered that I plug it in then replaced it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CO Diagnostic mod no workie   CO Diagnostic mod no workie Empty

Back to top Go down

CO Diagnostic mod no workie
Page 1 of 1