Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250X HMF Exhaust.....good idea or bad?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eve X

WR250X HMF Exhaust.....good idea or bad? Empty
PostSubject: WR250X HMF Exhaust.....good idea or bad?   WR250X HMF Exhaust.....good idea or bad? EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 3:34 pm

I bought an 08' WR250X about 6 months ago and am finally ready to start some upgrades. The only modification I have made so far is the airbox mod. I just build the servo bypass (still need to test), purchased the AIS/block off plate, and went with the FMF efi programmer. I was planning on going with the FMF Powercore 4....but then stumbled on to the HMF Competition pipe with the 3 inserts.

Decision time----

I'm leaning towards the HMF pipe (deeper sound & looks sweet!!). Was hoping to get some input from more experienced riders. The HMF pipe has 3 inserts, so if the neighbors complain I can always put a smaller insert in. Will the HMF pipe be a problem to program with the FMF efi? I know HMF is well established in the ATV world, but don't see much for the WR250X's. Any thoughts on power?

The HMF has some limitations - no header and repacking looks to be more difficult.

Anybody with experience please shoot me your thoughts FMF Powercore 4 or the HMF Competition Series. Bike is only ridden on city streets, no off road, no dirt.

EVE X

Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: WR250X HMF Exhaust.....good idea or bad?   WR250X HMF Exhaust.....good idea or bad? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:03 pm

My bike is for sale on this forum. If you go to the for sale section, you can see pics of my bike with the HMF Comp. Series exhaust system, to give you an idea of how it looks. Also if you go to HMF's website and find this exhaust, there's a short youtube clip of how it sounds. That's my bike in the youtube video. I use a PCIII fuel controller with it.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: WR250X HMF Exhaust.....good idea or bad?   WR250X HMF Exhaust.....good idea or bad? EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 7:48 pm

Dd you end up going with the HMF??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR250X HMF Exhaust.....good idea or bad?   WR250X HMF Exhaust.....good idea or bad? Empty

Back to top Go down

WR250X HMF Exhaust.....good idea or bad?
Page 1 of 1