Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Another NO START

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MadebyWales

MadebyWales

Another NO START Empty
PostSubject: Another NO START   Another NO START EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 10:49 pm

So... I have read almost every thread about electrical issues and no starts. Here is "what I got"....

Dead battery (somehow the ignition was left on with the key removed? Or someone tryd to hack my bike?)
Jumped it (with the truck running :/ and it would run,remove jump cables, it would die. So I thought the battery was super dead, I let it charge for about, Eh... five minutes.
It primed, started up like normal so I drove it home.
About a few miles later i felt it start to die off...Got home and dead battery.
Replaced battery, 12+ volts, NO START

Fuel pump primes,display is on and I have a code 46. Power problem I believe it is?

Checked fuses, connector behind radiator, jiggled kill switch and stand switch. I don't have an owners/service manual so I can't figure out what any of the relays are for..

Thanks guys...
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

Another NO START Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another NO START   Another NO START EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 8:23 am

Another NO START Captur12
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

Another NO START Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another NO START   Another NO START EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 6:31 pm

Sounds like bad rectifier to me. Not getting a charge from the charging system.
Back to top Go down
MadebyWales

MadebyWales

Another NO START Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another NO START   Another NO START EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 11:03 pm

I've been pulling plugs and testing all afternoon. No luck. I think I might have messed up the ecu when I jumped it. :/
Taking it to the dealer in the A.M. I hate it....But it's my commute bike
I will post back when they figure it out.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Another NO START Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another NO START   Another NO START EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 5:24 am

You should NEVER jump start a motorcycle using jumper cables from a car/truck/suv with the automobile running.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
MadebyWales

MadebyWales

Another NO START Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another NO START   Another NO START EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:30 am

So I got the bike got the bike back and it was the power programer. It must have taken the hit from jumping it with the truck. So I might bring it in to work and try and figure out how fried it is and if it can be repaired. What are your thoughts? Should I just leave it off? The bike is not that noticeably different....I just want to make sure it doesn't rum lean with the air box mod and FMFish exhaust.
-B
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Another NO START Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another NO START   Another NO START EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:57 am

What's an FmF-ish exhaust? scratch

What have you done to airbox?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
MadebyWales

MadebyWales

Another NO START Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another NO START   Another NO START EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:58 pm

So The exhaust used to be a fmf q4 then the body and end of it came apart and it was lost. I had to faba quick replacement and that is how it sits till i figure something else out. The air box stuff was done by the PO so I'm not sure. I am sure it is the whole mod. I am not sure what else is done to it right off hand.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Another NO START Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another NO START   Another NO START EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Are you talking strictly the "flapper mod" ?

Or is there an aftermarket air filter, holes drilled into airbox, inside of airbox gutted, or no airbox door altogether?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
MadebyWales

MadebyWales

Another NO START Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another NO START   Another NO START EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:26 pm

So on the way home I was able to feel a difference in the bike. I think I lost a few MPH and when in first gear at low rpm it seems to stumble? I dunno.

Moto- I am pretty sure the whole air box is gutted. There is no door/lid and I can see straight to what seems to be an oiled filter. I have yet to see the before and after photos of this mod so I cant say for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another NO START Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another NO START   Another NO START Empty

Back to top Go down

Another NO START
Page 1 of 1