Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Exhaust mods without a programmer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
matt_leit

matt_leit

Exhaust mods without a programmer Empty
PostSubject: Exhaust mods without a programmer   Exhaust mods without a programmer EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 2:33 pm

Hey everyone! I have a general question that I have found mixed answers on.

If a modification is made to the exhaust pipe on a WR250R without adding a power programmer will it run too lean and cause issues , or is the programmer meant to just give you more bang for your buck?

More specifically I bought a graves hi-flo exhaust insert on a whim off of eBay (got it CHEAP , don't think it'll add too much though but figured why not try it amazon )

Will the hi-flo insert or not having an insert at all take a toll on the engine for long rides / over time?

Thanks, and happy Friday! cheers
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust mods without a programmer   Exhaust mods without a programmer EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 4:04 pm

I'd say you're fine to put the insert in and have a blast without worry.

I assume you've done nothing to airbox, intake, or air filter? All that's stock?

If so, enjoy your new purchase and report back.

My guess is you'll be louder, but won't really notice much more than noise.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
matt_leit

matt_leit

PostSubject: Will report back!   Exhaust mods without a programmer EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Yup! Completely stock.

I will post a new thread with pictures when the new tip insert comes with a review if I notice anything other than sound. (Plus a youtube video with the sound) Now to put on the new tail light / radiator guard. To the garage! get the f out
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust mods without a programmer   Exhaust mods without a programmer EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 9:43 pm

You know the next purchase is a fuel programmer?...well, after the perfect tires... : thumb
Back to top Go down
matt_leit

matt_leit

PostSubject: Definitely!   Exhaust mods without a programmer EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 9:51 pm

Definitely going to do the programmer next Very happy Probably buying one next week !

Since my WR is my daily driver I currently have Avon Distanzias and they have been working great! Already missed my knobbies last time I went for a ride and found a trail though. Rolling Eyes

So it's not completely stock, just nothing to the motor......... yet. bannana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust mods without a programmer   Exhaust mods without a programmer Empty

Back to top Go down

Exhaust mods without a programmer
Page 1 of 1