Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Just got my first DS bike!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bayoudude

Just got my first DS bike! Empty
PostSubject: Just got my first DS bike!   Just got my first DS bike! EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:46 pm

Picked up a 08 today. It has less than 600 miles on it and is in nice shape. It was dropped on a trail once and has a few scrapes to prove it. I can't wait to put some miles on it.
Is the fan suppose to run when the key is switched on regardless if the engine is running , or is that something I have to look into?
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first DS bike!   Just got my first DS bike! EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 8:55 am

Welcome!

the fan will run if the ignition is on, but the engine is off if you have just stopped and the water is still at a high temperature. that is completely normal.

if the fan is on all the time or if the fan turns on as soon as your turn on the bike even if it hasn't run, then there's something wrong.
Back to top Go down
Bayoudude

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first DS bike!   Just got my first DS bike! EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 9:52 am

Thank you.

The fan runs from a cold start and doesn't shut off. I didn't think this was right so I started checking things.

I just pulled the left side off and found the fan relay. It looks like it has been jumped out. There is a wire coming from it and another relay that goes straight to the negative battery terminal. It does not look like a factory run wire. Also the headlight turns on with just the key, I thought it stayed off until after the engine was running like my RoadStar Warrior.

Something went on there. I just wish the PO was honest so that I would know where to look first.

It'll be Monday before I can look at it.
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first DS bike!   Just got my first DS bike! EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:12 am

it sounds like the PO modded it so the fan will continually stay on... what sense does that make though scratch scratch there is a temp sensor for a reason... the fan will kick on if there is a need for it... why one would want to have it on all the time baldy baldy it just makes noise

as for the light, thats not normal either. I would set it back to factory settings, otherwise you run the risk of draining the battery...

except if you mean the standing lights. the bike has got a couple watt bulb in one corner that goes on with just the ignition. the headlight should stay off though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first DS bike!   Just got my first DS bike! Empty

Back to top Go down

Just got my first DS bike!
Page 1 of 1