Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

who has the highest milage?

Go down 
+7
theMISSIONARY
viper770
GusinCA
Bugkiller
oic0
coresports
Moto57
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Moto57

who has the highest milage? Empty
PostSubject: who has the highest milage?   who has the highest milage? EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 9:56 pm

Some of you have had your bikes for several years now. I'm wondering who has the most miles on their bike now?
Do you still love it ? and ride it every chance you get?
Or does it sit in the Garage lonely?
I personally love mine and ride it as much as I can, but I've only owned mine for a couple of months. The Honeymoon so to speak.
I still have mods that I want to make etc...
let me know how you feel about the bike after all those miles.
Back to top Go down
coresports

PostSubject: Re: who has the highest milage?   who has the highest milage? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 10:53 am

Moto57 wrote:
Some of you have had your bikes for several years now. I'm wondering who has the most miles on their bike now?
Do you still love it ? and ride it every chance you get?
Or does it sit in the Garage lonely?
I personally love mine and ride it as much as I can, but I've only owned mine for a couple of months. The Honeymoon so to speak.
I still have mods that I want to make etc...
let me know how you feel about the bike after all those miles.

rolling up on 10k, i know others have way more than me but i got mine brand new in spring 09 and i never get tired of riding it. i rode to work today in michigan, frost on the ground and a smile on my face! rode up north on the trails a week ago sunday with my son, had a blast! personally, i don't think the honeymoon will ever wear off for me, it's as much fun today as it was when i first got it!!
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: who has the highest milage?   who has the highest milage? EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:12 pm

Ive had mine a lil over a year, its at 10k. Still like new in all ways.
I now find myself using it mostly as a fuel mileage whore for commuting. If I had it to do over again I would probably get something that gets lose to the same mileage but with more power. Ala SV650 etc... Lot of straight lines and gentle curves out here, and if you find a good one the speed limit is going to be something stupid like 25mph.

Last edited by oic0 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bugkiller

PostSubject: Re: who has the highest milage?   who has the highest milage? EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 7:09 pm

Have had mine 2 weeks. Going to do the 600 mile oil change tomorrow. Loving it. cheers
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: who has the highest milage?   who has the highest milage? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 7:45 pm

Best.
Bike.
Ever.

And I've been riding for 33 years and had just about every bike there is.

HOWEVER- The KTM 350EXC-F is probably better in every way except one: reliability (and price). I have so many friends with KTM's that have had them fail on them at the worst possible moment, and I think the WR250R might be the single most reliable machine designed in the last decade... :)

I put tire balls in mine, a bigger rear sprocket (99% of my riding is off road), brush guards, Corbin seat and Michelin AC10 street legal knobbies. What an amazing bike, I'll probably keep it for the next 33 years...
Back to top Go down
viper770

viper770

PostSubject: Re: who has the highest milage?   who has the highest milage? EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 6:00 pm

i havd 6100 miles on mine but i just bought it brand new 2012 so all those miles are mine but i have a triumph tiger xc that i bought brand new this year as well and have 18300 miles on it already
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who has the highest milage?   who has the highest milage? EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 5:50 pm

21,873 miles as of this morning... and still going strong! thumb

Bought my WR250X new in Sept. 2009 with 0.0 miles! She's my daily commuter... woohoo

No maintainence/mechanical issues at all. cheers Just oil, tires and a few parts!

With an average of 58-62 mpg, I've saved literally thousands of dollars in gas money and maintainence compared to my truck.

Anybody else break 20,000 miles??? lurk

Back to top Go down
theMISSIONARY

theMISSIONARY

PostSubject: Re: who has the highest milage?   who has the highest milage? EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:17 pm

i have 28500km's(or 17709 miles more or less) on my 2008 that i have had from new(1.5 years) i do 500km's a week to work and back +week end riding
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: who has the highest milage?   who has the highest milage? EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:13 pm

Right around 43,000 miles, give or take a few hundred. 2008 bought new in January 2010. Really needs a suspension refresh, but the motor feels as strong as ever. Probably couldn't hurt to have the valves looked again, and I'm tempted to rebuild the clutch, but otherwise I'm just waiting till spring to keep riding.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: who has the highest milage?   who has the highest milage? EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:31 pm

^^^ WOW!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who has the highest milage?   who has the highest milage? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:23 pm

skierd wrote:
Right around 43,000 miles, give or take a few hundred. 2008 bought new in January 2010. Really needs a suspension refresh, but the motor feels as strong as ever. Probably couldn't hurt to have the valves looked again, and I'm tempted to rebuild the clutch, but otherwise I'm just waiting till spring to keep riding.

Impressive Sir! thumb That's a lot of commuting! woohoo I think you win...

How much did the valve job cost? and how long did it take? Mine is up for that service real soon...

I agree with 'GusinCA'... Best damn bike for the money ever!

BTW, GusinCA, when we gonna ride? freaky
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: who has the highest milage?   who has the highest milage? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:34 pm

I had the valves done as part of a service package for dirt bikes at a good dealer back home. It was $200 or $300 and included an oil change, air filter cleaning, and suspension plus head bearing greasing. It took a full day.
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: who has the highest milage?   who has the highest milage? EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 8:31 pm

I've got 22,500 miles on my 08 wrr..bike still runs great,,replacing my fuel pump was my only issue since new..I only put on about 5,000 miles last year, I worked 550 hours of overtime so my ride time was limited....I did a 475 mile day last year and the bike ran great all day......
Back to top Go down
Spark

PostSubject: Re: who has the highest milage?   who has the highest milage? EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:47 pm

Mine is at 20,500 miles.
I have it for over 2 years.
Had to rebuild the camshaft. It looked like the oil pumped didn't work well, there was a ticking sound coming from the valves.
I replaced the oil pump and the valves not too long ago, so far so good.
Another issue I had a while back is that I needed a new ignition coil and changed the clutch plates once.
Other than that it's a very reliable machine.

I feel bad about wanting to sell it so that I can go higher on the CC.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: who has the highest milage?   who has the highest milage? EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 1:53 am

I'm somewhere around 23,000 right now, with my '08 WRR. But last summer I barely got it dirty, winter never really left here and I don't ride in winter - nobody does around here in the mountains. Hopefully, next summer... the plans for my big loop gravel road trip through Idaho and Montana are still sitting there, waiting...

Skierd is probably our resident high miler, but I think Big Dog probably has some big numbers up on his by now, ditto for the guy who decided to ride to South America (and did), and the Brit who took off wandering through Russia, Mongolia, and such.

Problems with it? Yeah, the tires wear out... I wish they'd fix that defect.

I have had the chain groove my swingarm, but that's my fault. That's one of the most common topics on these bikes, and speaking for myself I think the jury is still out on the root cause of that happening. I notice that the two times my chain has eaten through my swingarm guard, the chain was pretty much done.

But reliable? Hell ya. So much so that I don't have any particular worry about riding 70 or 80 miles up some deserted mining or logging road that maybe sees a vehicle once a month. If I had doubts about it reliably starting and running as long as I want it to run, I probably wouldn't do a lot of those trips.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who has the highest milage?   who has the highest milage? Empty

Back to top Go down

who has the highest milage?
Page 1 of 1