Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wolfman E-12 Mini-Mod

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gatorfan

gatorfan

Wolfman E-12 Mini-Mod Empty
PostSubject: Wolfman E-12 Mini-Mod   Wolfman E-12 Mini-Mod EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:57 pm

The Wolfman E-12 has a buckle system that I did not like.

1) They are a PIA if you have a tail rack. Hard to get your fingers under there.

2) You tighten straps side to side over your fender to fix the buckles than tighten straps to pull forward towards the bag. You're pulling in 2 different directions and the buckles did not want to sit flush. Here is the pic from the instructions of how they are ment to lay.

Wolfman E-12 Mini-Mod IMG_0107

I cut the strap to remove the buckles:

Wolfman E-12 Mini-Mod IMG_0106

Paid the Chinaman at the dry cleaners $1 (yes, $1) to sew the ends together. Now the strap wraps perfectly behind the spacers for the tail rack and line up with the straps that pull forward nicely.

By that I mean the straps that pull forward and the straps that pull backwards are now about 180 degrees to each other so you can crank them down hard. The Wolfman system has them 90 degrees to each other and when you crank them the buckles want to lift off the fender.

Plus this way is way easier if you have a tail rack.

Wolfman E-12 Mini-Mod IMG_0111
Back to top Go down
jhattan

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman E-12 Mini-Mod   Wolfman E-12 Mini-Mod EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:03 am

"Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please."
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman E-12 Mini-Mod   Wolfman E-12 Mini-Mod EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:47 pm

Ummm, if we're being strict, Asian American is insulting to Asians who aren't American. Asian is fine. Also, if you happen to be Chinese, Chinaman is fine. Most Chinese I know are quite proud of their lineage. Though I think it's odd that, while there are Chinamen, Scotsmen, and Englishmen, there are no Americamen, Germanymen, or Italymen.

Yes, I'm in a weird mood. woohoo
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman E-12 Mini-Mod   Wolfman E-12 Mini-Mod EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:36 am

Rusty Shovel wrote:
Ummm, if we're being strict, Asian American is insulting to Asians who aren't American. Asian is fine. Also, if you happen to be Chinese, Chinaman is fine. Most Chinese I know are quite proud of their lineage. Though I think it's odd that, while there are Chinamen, Scotsmen, and Englishmen, there are no Americamen, Germanymen, or Italymen.

Yes, I'm in a weird mood. woohoo
Ever watch Rick Mercer's 'Talking to Americans'?

I am a Hullabaloo! (I was born in Hull, QC.) Very happy
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman E-12 Mini-Mod   Wolfman E-12 Mini-Mod EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 12:35 am

I'm from Utah. That makes me a "Utard."

Okay, okay...it's Utahn. Hmmm, spell check doesn't believe in Utahns!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolfman E-12 Mini-Mod   Wolfman E-12 Mini-Mod Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolfman E-12 Mini-Mod
Page 1 of 1