Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Front End Problems-A comedy of errors

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SwampWRR

Front End Problems-A comedy of errors Empty
PostSubject: Front End Problems-A comedy of errors   Front End Problems-A comedy of errors EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Hi,

I am new here. 2008 WRR owner from Gainesville, FL. I need some help, didn't know where else to turn.

I tried changing a front flat on my WRR and it has all been downhill from there.

First, I got the new tube on and the tire back on fine, no problems. I go to reinstall the axle and it won't fit. Got a skinny scraper thing in between the front fork clamp and made it work. Then.... snapped off a pinch bolt using a cheap torque wrench. ('GAHHHH') Tried everything, including groove to turn with a flathead, left handed drill bits, and ez outs, ended up having to to drill it out.

Today, I went to put the wheel back on so I could take it to shop to get pinch bolt hole re-threaded.

Well, I must not have been paying attention cause i didnt realize the disk wasn't aligned with the brake pads... took the wheel back off and went to spread out the brake pads that were smushed together and the interior pad comes loose at the top and is left hanging by the bottom only. Don't wanna force it and break something else. I have done enough damage for one weekend.

I am hoping somebody here at least feels sorry for me and is willing to help.
Back to top Go down

Front End Problems-A comedy of errors
Page 1 of 1