Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout

Go down 
+4
LordEndo
oic0
GT-250
dmmcd
8 posters
AuthorMessage
dmmcd

dmmcd

WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout Empty
PostSubject: WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout   WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:33 am

Didn't see it posted here yet, but check it out:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/11/15784/Motorcycle-Article/2013-250-Dual-Sport-Motorcycle-Shootout.aspx

We can keep patting ourselves on the back for another year. cheers

Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout   WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 10:27 am

thumb Thanks for posting that link mate, good read up & comparison....especially for those of us with the TRUE BLUE BLOOD hey, lol.

bow UP THE MIGHTY YAMMIE WR250R - STILL THE D/S KING, and likely to remain that way for at least a couple more years. bow
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout   WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:00 pm

WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout 63499144503453719313_dualsport_hp
Back to top Go down
LordEndo

LordEndo

PostSubject: Re: WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout   WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 1:39 pm

I wish they'd do a shootout vs. the Husky TE250 and TE310 - maybe even throw a KTM in there for good measure.
Back to top Go down
Dan893

PostSubject: Re: WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout   WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 pm

LordEndo wrote:
I wish they'd do a shootout vs. the Husky TE250 and TE310 - maybe even throw a KTM in there for good measure.

Would be interesting indeed but they probobly dont because those arent really true dual sport bike and more like dirtbikes with lights and mirrors. I do enjoy taking a ride on my buddies 450 exc deffinantly have envy of the power but then I get back on my wr and relize its not all that important im still able to keep up no problem and regularly lead without holding anyone up.
Back to top Go down
crazy_dave

crazy_dave

PostSubject: Re: WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout   WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:22 am

Yep, apples to oranges. I have both a WR250R and a plated KTM 450EXC. One is a race bike with turn signals the other is a dualsport.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout   WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 9:54 am

LordEndo wrote:

They've done the te250 in with the DRZ and WRX before.
On the chart..."A best run of just less than 27 peak horsepower for the WR is a modest advantage over the Husqvarna, but the caveat here is that the supermotard-like WR-X wears 17-inch street tires, while the TE250 was dyno tested with its standard-issue off-road-biased Metzeler Karoo tires." So in reality the TE is probably very close to the WRX. Its also lighter, so it may beat it.
WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout 2012-dual-sport-shootout-hp-dyno-1
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout   WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 6:02 pm

The only other bike out there to me is the KTM 350EXCF, which is faster and lighter, but it's also 30% more expensive to buy and maintain.
Around here bikes have to be street legal from the factory, so what other choice is there if you want something light-ish and legal and reasonably capable with EFI? Husky maybe, but I'm not buying something that has even fewer dealers than KTM...
Back to top Go down
rider213

rider213

PostSubject: Re: WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout   WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 1:27 am

Good review...we crushed em again. :)

Maintenance wise (low maintenance)...nothing will beat the WRR power-wise until one of the other three Japanese manufacturers build a new one from the ground up...as Yamaha pretty much did with this one.

Honda had a chance with their new one...but there's alot of money to be made in the entry, and re-entry class rider sales.

Can't help but think what Honda could do in offering a 450cc street legal Dakar replica........(maybe they're just waiting to place top 3 now that they're back in it).

Suzuki's working hard on getting their house in order. Will be abit before they can afford to take note of 250cc DS class.

Kawasaki's studying the money to be gained/vs money spent on R&D costs for a high tech 250cc DS. Don't doubt they're tinkering with it though. Thinking Kawasaki is...the new (old) Honda. Really excited about the direction they're headed.

But Yamaha...for the 250cc DS class/big trailie class (and Superbike Of Course)....have the means, engineers, and the confidence to do no wrong right now. -Scott
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout   WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout Empty

Back to top Go down

WR wins motorcycle-usa.com shootout
Page 1 of 1