Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tire Pressure for MX Track

Go down 
+2
YZEtc
gatorfan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gatorfan

gatorfan

Tire Pressure for MX Track Empty
PostSubject: Tire Pressure for MX Track   Tire Pressure for MX Track EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 8:59 pm

For trail riding and street I run them on the low side but I'm wondering with jumps at MX track if I should bring them up to manufacturer recommendations?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Tire Pressure for MX Track   Tire Pressure for MX Track EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 6:41 am

I use between 10 and 12 psi on any dirt bike or a dual-purpose bike like a WR-250R.
Back to top Go down
rider213

rider213

PostSubject: Re: Tire Pressure for MX Track   Tire Pressure for MX Track EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 1:58 am

gatorfan wrote:
For trail riding and street I run them on the low side but I'm wondering with jumps at MX track if I should bring them up to manufacturer recommendations?

On a WRR for closed course MX clay/sand mix i'd start at 16 rear, 14 front as base line.

Way many variables at work for cut/dry answer tho...rider weight, tire choice, suspension settings along with track conditons on given day.

Manufacturers recommendations are probably good as a start point. Tweek as needed after a couple laps.

-No doubt preaching to the choir but...tape up or tye wrap the kickstand to prevent cartwheels in tha whoops.... -Scott

Side note....Gainsville! The Gatorback's probably the best mx track in Florida.

Have raced Dade City, OCR (Bithlow), and the Orlando Supercross (before they quit doing it there).

Never rode the Gatorback but attended a few Nationals there. Very impressive track.
Back to top Go down
donutbiker

PostSubject: Re: Tire Pressure for MX Track   Tire Pressure for MX Track EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 10:42 pm

At what tire pressure are rim locks recommended?

I only ride trails, currently using 18f 25r but thinking of lowering it to 18f, 23r.

I am using PSI units.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Tire Pressure for MX Track   Tire Pressure for MX Track EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 8:40 pm

donutbiker wrote:
At what tire pressure are rim locks recommended?

I only ride trails, currently using 18f 25r but thinking of lowering it to 18f, 23r.

I am using PSI units.

I've gone as low as 15 psi on another bike without rim locks and didnt have any issues, just to be safe I'd run 17-18 tho.

Why do you guys run more presure in the rear than the front?
I always have more psi in the front than the rear, the front has less sidewall height and is a softer tire to boot so its easier to pinch flat it. Plus its more likely to spin on the rim if you dont have rim locks as you do that while breaking and all the traction is up front when you brake.
Back to top Go down
donutbiker

PostSubject: Re: Tire Pressure for MX Track   Tire Pressure for MX Track EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:02 am

Thks! so you have tried up to 15 psi on both front and rear with rim locks.

...i may try 18F/21R for my weekend trail ride....
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Tire Pressure for MX Track   Tire Pressure for MX Track EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 4:06 pm

rider213 wrote:

-No doubt preaching to the choir but...tape up or tye wrap the kickstand to prevent cartwheels in tha whoops.... -Scott

Side note....Gainsville! The Gatorback's probably the best mx track in Florida.

No choir here .... that is a nice tip ... never even considered that.

Gatorback is awesome. I ride the vintage track and Hare Scramble but take my breaks watching some of the best riders in the state going berserk on the main track --- impressive as hell.
Back to top Go down
vike

PostSubject: Re: Tire Pressure for MX Track   Tire Pressure for MX Track EmptyFri May 17, 2013 6:22 pm

I've had no problem going down to 13 psi in sandy areas

14-15 if rocky to avoid flats.

I'm prepared to try down to 11f 10r in next sand adventure and see how she handles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tire Pressure for MX Track   Tire Pressure for MX Track Empty

Back to top Go down

Tire Pressure for MX Track
Page 1 of 1