Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

new wrr riding tips

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
txstroker

new wrr riding tips Empty
PostSubject: new wrr riding tips   new wrr riding tips EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 7:29 pm

I am new to four strokes so I will post this hear,the problem i am having is pulling up the front tire while ripping through trails to sink the back tire in deep holes. I can do it but I dont wont to over rev my new rr. Is this harmful to the motor? Do I need more power? Do I need to change the way I ride I was hauling butt down a trail the other day and came up on a ditch I down shifted and nailed it to no evail and did an indo for abought 20 yardes forcing me to slow down and change my under ware.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: new wrr riding tips   new wrr riding tips EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 7:55 pm

The WRR needs to be revved to get to where it makes its power, its a little soft off the bottom.
Dont worry about it tho, the bike can handle being revved hard all the time.
Also the rev limit is 10800 rpm which is about 3000 rpm lower than the 250 four stroke mx bikes, so I dont mind hitting it now and then.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: new wrr riding tips   new wrr riding tips EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:14 pm

Ive been dissappointed with my bike in this way as well. Recently added a programmer over the winter and waiting to try it out. Sure hope it makes a big diff. I wish the 400f was legal.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: new wrr riding tips   new wrr riding tips EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:27 pm

The WR-250R (and WR-250X) come stock with ultra-tall geariing via a 43-tooth (42 on the X) rear sprocket.
The 13-tooth front is normal enough.
This is to pass drive-by noise tests that must be met before the bike is produced.
It's not to make the bike great on the freeway.

A typical 250cc 4-stroke off-road bike will come with a rear sprocket of around 48 teeth, at least.
Besides a fuel programmer, gearing the bike down to something realistic will make things better, not to mention off-road-worthy tires.

A reality of doing wheelies or unweighting the front of the bike dramatically on a 250cc off-road bike with this amount of power on tap is to get your butt toward the back of the seat.
That's why you see such long seats on dirt bikes, not for carrying passengers.
Speaking of the seat, this is why dirt bikes have tallish seat heights, too - to keep enough distance from seat to footpegs and to avoid your legs being folded-up so much that you couldn't make such a quick maneuver while riding the bike.
Riding the bike fast off-road means getting physical because the terrain is not smooth.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: new wrr riding tips   new wrr riding tips EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 10:54 am

Like I said, Im waiting to test my programmer. I think my next purchase will be rear sprocket and chain. Been doing some reading on this and was thinking of going 46-47 on rear to loft that front wheel a little better. Does this sound correct?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: new wrr riding tips   new wrr riding tips EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 11:11 am

Sounds like an improvement, for sure.

Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: new wrr riding tips   new wrr riding tips EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 11:53 am

mcdoudlehopper wrote:
Like I said, Im waiting to test my programmer. I think my next purchase will be rear sprocket and chain. Been doing some reading on this and was thinking of going 46-47 on rear to loft that front wheel a little better. Does this sound correct?

I have a pipe, programmer and a 50 tooth rear sprocket on mine, it made a huge difference in snap off the bottom for wheelies and stuff.
The 50 is a bit low for road riding tho, but I dont do alot of that and when I do going 50mph is fast enough.
Back to top Go down
txstroker

PostSubject: thanks for the replys   new wrr riding tips EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 8:50 pm

thanks for all the help I am getting some tax money back and will buy the parts wrote abought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new wrr riding tips   new wrr riding tips Empty

Back to top Go down

new wrr riding tips
Page 1 of 1