Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Heidenau K60 Scout front tire

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mordicai

Heidenau K60 Scout  front tire Empty
PostSubject: Heidenau K60 Scout front tire   Heidenau K60 Scout  front tire EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 3:40 pm

I need to replace my Heidenau Scout 140 on my x. Been running it with a Avon Distanzia front 120 left over from my last set of tires. The combo has worked well and I think the Heidenau rear is a fabulous tire for my riding. Trying to decide on what to buy for the front to go with it. Scout 120/90, Distanzia 120/70, or TKC 80 120/70. I keep reading some people are,nt liking the Scout front that much? Anyone have any experience with these? An feedback would be appreciated.......Max
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout front tire   Heidenau K60 Scout  front tire EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 3:59 pm

I have the standard K60 front and back. the rear looks a bit different between K60 Scout and K60, but the front looks similar at least in the pictures. So far I am very happy with both, although I only have the stock trailwings to compare them to. definitely work much much better on wet asphalt, as well as on the dry. off road I find them adequate for my riding if I let enough air out. the rear handles great on gravel, but the front tends to wash away a lot sooner than the rear. I have to purposefully try to make the back end step out for it do to so, whereas the front tends to feel a bit iffy at too high lean angles on the gravel. however it is very progressive so that I actually never had the front completely wash out, but you feel how it starts to go and have plenty of time to adjust it and catch it in time.

on the road I like the front fine. good lean angles with good feedback. keep in mind I am on the R, and as I said I run the standard K60 front and back. not too sure how similar the compounds are for the front for those two, but the thread pattern looks almost the same on the picture on their homepage. hopefully someone has the actual K60 Scout front and can give more accurate feedback for you.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout front tire   Heidenau K60 Scout  front tire EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 4:08 pm

Thanks Bigg, Thats what I've been hearing about the front. The rear is rock solid. Hopefully some more feedback on the Scout front will come through. I'm thinking I might try the Conti TKC 80. Seems like it would work well with the Heidenau rear. How the off road riding over there? Lived south of Munich for a year.....Max
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout front tire   Heidenau K60 Scout  front tire EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 4:27 pm

mordicai wrote:
Thanks Bigg, Thats what I've been hearing about the front. The rear is rock solid. Hopefully some more feedback on the Scout front will come through. I'm thinking I might try the Conti TKC 80. Seems like it would work well with the Heidenau rear. How the off road riding over there? Lived south of Munich for a year.....Max

no real "off road" nearby, just gravel roads and logging trails. most aren't legal but it's only a fine of 10 Euro as long as it's outside protected areas. for some more fun off road the alps are quite nice. It's about 1 hour ride to get there, but awesome twisties once there and some good off road with beautiful views. Once a year I ride to my parents house in central italy in the Appeninni and there there is some very very awesome off road. would like to have it all year round like that, but one must live with what they have eh? Overall I can't complain and am pretty happy with these heidenau's. they can keep up with all my road miles during the week/year and do fine on the weekend and summer break off road fun. thumb
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout front tire   Heidenau K60 Scout  front tire EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 5:23 pm

I used to live at the beach and ride an hour every day to get in the mountains. Finally moved out here 14 months ago and love dirt and twisties out my front door. Very few cars out here and its all motorcycles and bicycles on weekends. www.pbase.com/mordicai will give an idea of what Mother Grundy is all about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heidenau K60 Scout front tire   Heidenau K60 Scout  front tire Empty

Back to top Go down

Heidenau K60 Scout front tire
Page 1 of 1