Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Loud Exhaust

Go down 
+13
GT-250
deerHater
gatorfan
andysrage
mucker
miniceptor86
Monkeynuts
skrew
oic0
sswrx
xy500
motokid
austinmiles
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
austinmiles

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 4:34 pm

I am wondering what pipe setup i should get if i want a Loud exhaust?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 5:51 pm

I am wondering....why would you want that?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
xy500

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 7:19 pm

fmf powercore with a pro circuit header.
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 12:11 pm

You could just remove the stock spark arrestor insert & install a Graves insert if you are on a budget. Otherwise, the Delta, Two Brothers, FMF Powercore, are all pretty loud mufflers.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 10:16 am

Powercore without the spark arrestor is loud enough you will want ear plugs. Its a pain in the ass on the road. Our bikes are... sorta... slow and high strung. You sometimes rev the piss out of it just to go. With the powercore you sometimes find yourself thundering like a factory motocross race bike with everyone in sight looking for the sound, meanwhile you are just merging or leaving a light.
Back to top Go down
skrew

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 10:21 am

Yoshimura RS-2
Back to top Go down
Monkeynuts

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:00 pm

Two brothers. That will wake the dead Sleep eeek
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptyWed May 01, 2013 7:39 pm

Most motorcyclist, my self included as well as the majority of the non-motorcycling public would appreciate it if you kept it quiet. Motorcycles are not a necessity and have already been banned as a nuisance in some areas because of noise issues. Some states are seriously looking at restricting motorcycles to OEM or EPA approved mufflers because of nuisance noise. Noise is just another reason the Sierra Club and others can use when pushing for banning off road vehicle use on public lands. Motorcycle noise issues use a lot of motorcycle rights organizations' resources that could be better used for research into motorcycle rider safety issues such as accident causation, roadway design, etc.

Loud pipes lose rights.

Please consider the overall impact before going loud.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:52 pm

miniceptor86 wrote:
Most motorcyclist, my self included as well as the majority of the non-motorcycling public would appreciate it if you kept it quiet. Motorcycles are not a necessity and have already been banned as a nuisance in some areas because of noise issues. Some states are seriously looking at restricting motorcycles to OEM or EPA approved mufflers because of nuisance noise. Noise is just another reason the Sierra Club and others can use when pushing for banning off road vehicle use on public lands. Motorcycle noise issues use a lot of motorcycle rights organizations' resources that could be better used for research into motorcycle rider safety issues such as accident causation, roadway design, etc.

Loud pipes lose rights.

bow bow bow thumb

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:44 pm

I have a chronic ringing in my ears, and i am concerned about annoying reasonable others.

But there is no doubt that the report of my bike is a large part of my presence in traffic.

Maybe I have small bike, newbie sydrome...but I am intimidated by regular traffic, and appreciate my bike sticking out in traffic.
Because if they know I'm there I have a chance, like me or not. If you quietly try to blend in...you can find yourself at a disadvantage.

Oh, those modern problems...
Back to top Go down
andysrage

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptyWed May 01, 2013 10:11 pm

mucker wrote:
But there is no doubt that the report of my bike is a large part of my presence in traffic.

Maybe I have small bike, newbie sydrome...but I am intimidated by regular traffic, and appreciate my bike sticking out in traffic.
Because if they know I'm there I have a chance, like me or not. If you quietly try to blend in...you can find yourself at a disadvantage.

No offense but the "loud is safe" excuse is rather misplaced and definitely overused. All of those risks are best mitigated by proactive road riding skills (i.e. lane position and Search/Evaluate/Execute) usually taught in any rider safety course or manual. Remember, no amount of obnoxious noise pollution will save a rider from from bad technique. Putting any of the burden for your safety on a cager that you hope hears you defers part of the responsibility on them. I assume nothing from my fellow motorist and ride with that mindset.

Miniceptor86, Very well said!
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptyThu May 02, 2013 5:32 am

miniceptor86 wrote:

Loud pipes lose rights.

It's hard to argue with this ...but I've got to say:

There are bikes everywhere down here. And like most of you, I notice and check all them out. Once every few years I might hear a bike that is off the charts loud. And even then, they are there and gone in seconds.

I think motorcyclists are way outnumbered and as such are easy targets for the majority and for busybodies.

Ask yourselves how many times you hear a bike that is too loud. Compared to other nuisances I'd say they are extremely rare.

Personally, I'd like to ban women with change purses buried deep in their handbags that take 5 minutes to dig out and put away while you're in line behind them. I'd also like to ban people stopping directly in front of the store to let their passengers out before they go park while you're stuck behind them. In fact, I'm rather annoyed at the obesity epidemic.

My point is, when you consider the nuisances, rudeness, thoughtlessness you endure everyday from the general public I'd say loud pipes are extraordinarily rare.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptyThu May 02, 2013 6:53 am

gatorfan wrote:

My point is, when you consider the nuisances, rudeness, thoughtlessness you endure everyday from the general public I'd say loud pipes are extraordinarily rare.

Doesn't change what you also posted:

gatorfan wrote:

I think motorcyclists are way outnumbered and as such are easy targets for the majority and for busybodies.

Which comes back to this:

miniceptor86 wrote:

Loud pipes lose rights.

deal

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptyThu May 02, 2013 7:44 am

I don't know about your area but around here loud pipes are not that infrequent. Not on dirt bikes but the cruiser variety especially the Harley crowd. And all it takes is one at the wrong time at the wrong place with the wrong person in place to launch a crusade against a minority. And motorcyclists are in the minority.
Back to top Go down
xy500

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:27 am

Do what you want, enjoy it while you can.
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:18 am

Yep, that's right. Only think of today and yourself. No consideration for others or future consequences.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:21 am

xy500 wrote:

One could use the same justification for different ways of disposing of used oil, brake fluid, and anti-freeze too right?

dunno

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
deerHater

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:57 am

andysrage wrote:
mucker wrote:

No offense but the "loud is safe" excuse is rather misplaced and definitely overused. All of those risks are best mitigated by proactive road riding skills (i.e. lane position and Search/Evaluate/Execute) usually taught in any rider safety course or manual. Remember, no amount of obnoxious noise pollution will save a rider from from bad technique. Putting any of the burden for your safety on a cager that you hope hears you defers part of the responsibility on them. I assume nothing from my fellow motorist and ride with that mindset.
cheers cheers cheers

I have the most quiet FMF muffler (wanted little more power), and I wish it was as quiet as the stock pipe.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptyThu May 02, 2013 4:33 pm

Hey Moto, good thing you repacked your muffler in time for inspection! wink wink poser2
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptyThu May 02, 2013 4:38 pm

deerHater wrote:

I have the most quiet FMF muffler (wanted little more power), and I wish it was as quiet as the stock pipe.

So do a lot of us. But they are not. I'd venture to say (correct me if I'm wrong please) that along with air box mods and a few months into new packing the Q4's are well over 96db's. Illegal in most places (again, correct me if I'm wrong).

So I wonder how many Q4/airbox modders are preaching about loud pipes.

Back to top Go down
xy500

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptyThu May 02, 2013 6:50 pm

motokid wrote:
xy500 wrote:

One could use the same justification for different ways of disposing of used oil, brake fluid, and anti-freeze too right?

dunno
Or you could use your justification for why you should stay at home and never do anything.
If you want to apply what i said to a different context it's your call. topes
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptyFri May 03, 2013 6:01 am

gatorfan wrote:

So I wonder how many Q4/airbox modders are preaching about loud pipes.

Unless I'm mistaken, all aftermarket pipes (except the few people who fab something up using a sportbike muffler) for the wr250r/x need to be repacked. Am I right or wrong here?

So they'll all start in their quietest form, and grow louder over time. Right?

A Powercore from FmF is surely louder than a Q4. We have people here who'll verify that.

To start off asking for loud for god knows what reason is a hell of a lot different than starting off seeking increased performance at the least cost to the surrounding community.

The OP did not ask for the "best performing" pipe. Or the pipe that provides the greatest HP improvements. Or the pipe that provides the best torque improvements for a given rev range. The op simply asked for loud.

Loud for the sake of loud is damaging to the entire motorcycling community.

I leave my house for work at about 4:55am in the morning. I live in a neighborhood of about 75 houses.
In April of this year I was able to ride 11 out of the 22 working days. I've had no complaints or remarks about
my intrusive motorcycle noise, and believe me, I have more than one neighbor who would complain if they had the chance.

You can attempt to be stealthy. You can strive to be obnoxious.

You can desire to have the best performance and response from your motorcycle, while seeking NOT to be the loudest person in the area.

So if you go back to the very first response to the OP - I asked why?

Loud, for no other reason than to be loud is detrimental to all of us.

Unless the dude lives in bumfuck-outback Australia and his closest neighbor is 50 miles away .... amazon hide

But he/she also might live next door to a retirement home and a daycare just outside a major metropolitan city.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptyFri May 03, 2013 6:02 am

xy500 wrote:
motokid wrote:
xy500 wrote:

dunno
Or you could use your justification for why you should stay at home and never do anything.
If you want to apply what i said to a different context it's your call. topes

I'm guessing you missed the point.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptyFri May 03, 2013 7:18 am

Fair enough Moto re; this thread. Also, I am exactly in your school of though re; my muffler.

Where we differ is our attitude towards rules and regulations. I am deeply suspicious of the people who make them. There tends to be a slippery slope. And in the blink of an eye motorcyclists could be reduced to 3 wheels, massive fairings and flashing running lights - all in the name of "safety".

Exaggerating you say? Ask a smoker how fast things go from common sense legislation (no smoking in restaurants) to not being allowed to smoke OUTSIDE in an increasing number of areas (like entire corporate campuses, hospital campuses, even parks!).

This is why every time this topic comes up I raise the point of incidence. If something as rare as a very loud pipe (and I sorry, they are extremely rare) is going to prompt the closing of riding areas then it's not the pipes these busybodies hate - it's motorcycles in general.

Motorcycle groups should be pushing to raise the legal Db level. Just to tie the busybodies up and waste their resources.

IMO, give an inch and they'll take a yard. usa
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust EmptyFri May 03, 2013 8:09 am

gatorfan wrote:
Fair enough Moto re; this thread. Also, I am exactly in your school of though re; my muffler.

Where we differ is our attitude towards rules and regulations. I am deeply suspicious of the people who make them. There tends to be a slippery slope. And in the blink of an eye motorcyclists could be reduced to 3 wheels, massive fairings and flashing running lights - all in the name of "safety".

Exaggerating you say? Ask a smoker how fast things go from common sense legislation (no smoking in restaurants) to not being allowed to smoke OUTSIDE in an increasing number of areas (like entire corporate campuses, hospital campuses, even parks!).

This is why every time this topic comes up I raise the point of incidence. If something as rare as a very loud pipe (and I sorry, they are extremely rare) is going to prompt the closing of riding areas then it's not the pipes these busybodies hate - it's motorcycles in general.

Motorcycle groups should be pushing to raise the legal Db level. Just to tie the busybodies up and waste their resources.

IMO, give an inch and they'll take a yard. usa

Not disagreeing at all.

Totally agree it's an "easy target" issue because of such a small minority.

Doesn't change the reality of it though.

A small minority can always ruin things for the larger majority.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Loud Exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loud Exhaust   Loud Exhaust Empty

Back to top Go down

Loud Exhaust
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next