Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Moose radiator guard

Go down 
+2
Peterbuilt
sensor419
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sensor419

Moose radiator guard Empty
PostSubject: Moose radiator guard   Moose radiator guard EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:19 am

Well I went ahead and ordered the Moose radiator guard. For those of you that have one of these, does the radiator have to be removed and drained to install this guard? Also, I was thinking about changing the coolant anyway and looked up the procedure in the owner's manual. The diagram showing the coolant drain plug is not very good. Would someone please give me a good verbal description of where this drain plug is located on the WRR?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
sensor419

PostSubject: Re: Moose radiator guard   Moose radiator guard EmptyThu May 16, 2013 6:30 am

Anyone ???
Back to top Go down
Peterbuilt

Peterbuilt

PostSubject: Re: Moose radiator guard   Moose radiator guard EmptyThu May 16, 2013 6:14 pm

I doubt that you would have to drain it.. probably have to remove the 2-3 mounting screws and mount the new one..
Back to top Go down
georgis4

georgis4

PostSubject: Re: Moose radiator guard   Moose radiator guard EmptySat May 18, 2013 7:18 am

The bottom bolt of your water pump cover is the draining one.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Moose radiator guard   Moose radiator guard EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:55 am

Please post a pic of the moose rad guard when you get it installled.

When I was looking at rad guards last fall I couldnt find a single pic of the moose one on a WRR, so I went with the flatland one simply because I knew what I was getting.
Back to top Go down
sensor419

PostSubject: Re: Moose radiator guard   Moose radiator guard EmptySat May 18, 2013 1:16 pm

Will do Biglake with comments on install
Back to top Go down
averian

PostSubject: Re: Moose radiator guard   Moose radiator guard EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 3:08 pm

Any idea on the quality of the Moose radiator guard? It seems like the design would better protect from a side impact when dropping the bike than the flatlands guard? I'm a newbie when it comes to these things though, what are your guys opinions of the current options out there?

Pics of the Moose guard here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moose-Racing-Radiator-Guard-Yamaha-WR250R-X-08-13-11-1531-1901-0310-/261285238464?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AWR250R&hash=item3cd5d056c0&vxp=mtr
Back to top Go down
BenWRR

PostSubject: Re: Moose radiator guard   Moose radiator guard EmptyWed May 03, 2023 7:17 pm

I just installed the Moose Radiator brace and it went well.

The aluminum pieces are thick as are the aluminum crossbars and I'm glad that I now have the side impact protection that I both want and need.

I do not worry about anything coming from the front. I only worry about when my bike falls on the radiator side and the sturdiness of the brace will be just what I need.

No need to drain anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moose radiator guard   Moose radiator guard Empty

Back to top Go down

Moose radiator guard
Page 1 of 1