Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Buying a WR250R

Go down 
+2
mucker
liquidwr250r
6 posters
AuthorMessage
liquidwr250r

Buying a WR250R Empty
PostSubject: Buying a WR250R   Buying a WR250R EmptyWed May 29, 2013 4:56 pm

Alright I'm thinking of getting the Wr250R im 6"3 190lbs is this going to be good for me? or will i starve for more power in three months? 50/50 for road and off road, normal road driving odd wheelie here and there, going to drive it into the ground off road.

im trying to get a test drive but its hard here in Ontario.

I was looking at the KTM 350EXC-F but thought that might be a good upgrade in a few years for a treat.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

Buying a WR250R Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a WR250R   Buying a WR250R EmptyWed May 29, 2013 7:42 pm

Short reply....yup.

That 350 is a nice bike, but a different beast with higher maintenance/costs/performance, so I've gathered....

The wr250r has been a reliable design, as this site will attest.
It does what everyone says it does ;)

I think it works out great, even if not the best at everything. Almost a perfect compromise, considering whats available to every day people.

I dont regret a thing.......except another bike :)
Back to top Go down
grw800

grw800

Buying a WR250R Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a WR250R   Buying a WR250R EmptyWed May 29, 2013 8:39 pm

Let's get this straight:
One drives a car or truck, and rides a motorcycle. thumb
Back to top Go down
Torontorocko

Torontorocko

Buying a WR250R Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a WR250R   Buying a WR250R EmptyWed May 29, 2013 9:27 pm

liquidwr250r wrote:
Alright I'm thinking of getting the Wr250R im 6"3 190lbs is this going to be good for me? or will i starve for more power in three months? 50/50 for road and off road, normal road driving odd wheelie here and there, going to drive it into the ground off road.

im trying to get a test drive but its hard here in Ontario.

I was looking at the KTM 350EXC-F but thought that might be a good upgrade in a few years for a treat.

You will be happy with a WR.
Awesome bike for a 250 that does it all.
I have yet to find someone I can't keep up to off road. (and i'm kinda plump) Shog
In the city commute, its stellar.
On the highway, not the same issue. (it's not really built to be riding the 401)

I love it more and more all the time.

Last edited by Torontorocko on Wed May 29, 2013 9:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
liquidwr250r

Buying a WR250R Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a WR250R   Buying a WR250R EmptyWed May 29, 2013 9:28 pm

awesome thanks guys im pretty pumped cant wait
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

Buying a WR250R Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a WR250R   Buying a WR250R EmptyThu May 30, 2013 1:11 pm

Its got enough power to do everything but not enough to provide thrills from the power if you get what I mean. The smiles you get aren't going to be from acceleration. If thats your favorite kind, then its not the right bike, go for the KTM 690 or one of its older versions which are nearly as powerful.
Back to top Go down
Big-O

Buying a WR250R Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a WR250R   Buying a WR250R EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:20 pm

I'm in the same boat, about ready to purchase a 2013 used 250R. Not wanting to steal this thread but this question will help both of us. What should be looked at when buying this bike that may be an issue or something to consider mechanically? For instance, one thing I have read is looking hard at the swing arm for chain wear if the chain was improperly adjusted. Any other concerns?
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

Buying a WR250R Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a WR250R   Buying a WR250R EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 8:27 pm

Chain to swing arm wear probably wouldn't stop me from buying one if it were shallow, but if it were deep enough to affect the strength it would.
I would look to see what condition the wheels are in, see if the radiator has ever been crushed, and generally see if any of the wear items are near the end of their life. Chain, sprockets, tires, etc... Those would factor into the price for me. I havent bought tires for an R, but when I did tires, chain, and sprockets about 2k miles ago it cost me around $500... Though R tires are prob cheaper than sport tires.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Buying a WR250R Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying a WR250R   Buying a WR250R Empty

Back to top Go down

Buying a WR250R
Page 1 of 1