Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO Empty
PostSubject: How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO   How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 9:20 am

Hey all,

I've wondered how deep I could take my bike before it ingested water. I have done the "Ultimate Airbox Mod."

After the above video, I checked my airbox and found that a *teaspoon* of water had splashed into my air box. Nothing was ingested into the engine and all is well. Since there was so little water, I just left it in the airbox to evaporate.

Since then, however, I've covered the flapper hole on top of the box with electrical tape. It just seems too exposed to me, and the cleaned out snorkel provides more than enough air intake (IMHO). My worry may be unfounded; as Motokid pointed out on another post, you have to be almost "balls deep" to ingest water.

My balls stayed dry, but this is about as deep as I'm willing to go.

Last edited by Rusty Shovel on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
N8

PostSubject: Re: How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO   How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 9:38 am

Quote :

This video is private.
Sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

PostSubject: Re: How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO   How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:03 am

N8 wrote:
Quote :

This video is private.
Sorry about that.

All fixed, I think, Sorry.

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

PostSubject: Re: How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO   How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 11:41 am

Okay, NOW it's fixed--I hope. Shog

Please let me know if the video doesn't work for you.
Back to top Go down
N8

PostSubject: Re: How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO   How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:31 pm

Looks good!
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO   How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 3:15 pm

Just keep her upright and you'll make it thumb

BTW...What gas jug set up do you have there?
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

PostSubject: Re: How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO   How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:29 pm

mucker wrote:
Just keep her upright and you'll make it

No kidding. My tail slid out on a tree root near the far end, thankfully I was in shallower water by then.

Quote :
BTW...What gas jug set up do you have there?

It's a 1.75 gal Rotopax mounted on my Wolfman side rack. It's a pretty slick setup.

How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO DSC00127

The Wolfman sideplate was bare metal and the edges were SHARP. I deburred the edges of the plate with steel wool and painted the plate black to match the racks (I'm surprised Wolfman doesn't do this). The Rotopax holder attaches with two bolts (and generous amounts of Loctite).

How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO DSC00126

I didn't think the 1 gallon tank was adequate to supply the range I needed, but I worried the larger tank would stick out too much. I think my fears were unfounded. It looks fine, I think.

How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO DSC00125

Another shot from the rear.

How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO DSC00130

With a full load-out. The water bottle carrier on the left was sticking out too far in this picture. I moved it to the rear straps between the gas can and the saddlebag and it fit like a glove. I took this load-out on an extended ride through New Hampshire and Maine. I rode some of the roughest single track and ATV trails that I've ever ridden--big elevation changes, off-camber hills, rocky climbs, mud, and a couple of stream crossings. I never gave the Rotopax a second thought. It didn't wiggle, squeak, or otherwise make itself known.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO   How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 8:12 am

NICE!!!

Your balls might have stayed dry but I bet something else was puckered up a bit at one point, or maybe two. poser2

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO   How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO Empty

Back to top Go down

How deep can you go? -- With VIDEO
Page 1 of 1