Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Deep Water Capability?

Go down 
+2
skierd
BigBird
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBird

Deep Water Capability? Empty
PostSubject: Deep Water Capability?   Deep Water Capability? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:33 pm

A casual look at my WRR leads me to believe it could handle fairly deep water?

The Air Box seem well sealed and open only at the very top.
There are no carb vents to worry about.
The plug is well protected.

Will the bike handle water up to the point it gets in the top of the air box?

OR is there something else that drowns it fisrt?

Any recommended mods to increase "water worthyness"?

THANKS!
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Deep Water Capability?   Deep Water Capability? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:38 pm

The airbox door is water tight, at least when its full of water from when you and the bike go for a swim mid stream. I'd imagine its similarly sealed when the motor is running. So long as water isn't above the airbox opening up top you should be fine, other than the above mentioned swim I haven't had any water crossing issues (except for falling over) even when the water is over the tops of my boots on the pegs riding across.
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: Deep Water Capability?   Deep Water Capability? EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:25 pm

This water was only over the axles, but Az Tom went down & submerged the bike on the left side. He quickly killed it, then stood it up. It started right up. No water had gotten into the air box.

I would think you could ride in water up to the bottom of the seat..

It's distant, but only a few seconds.