Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tire fitment question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Big-O

Tire fitment question Empty
PostSubject: Tire fitment question   Tire fitment question EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 9:40 pm

I just bought a new/used 2013 WR250R. I want to mount a D606 on the rear and the Pirelli MT21 front. I have read through several threads and now I am totally confused. One says to use the 120/90-18 on the rear and the other says 120/80-18 on the rear. Same goes for the front, different sizes.
Can you guys help me solidify the sizes of these tires for my bike, I hope to order them up Saturday and get them mounted. Thanks.

Last edited by Big-O on Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Tire fitment question   Tire fitment question EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 10:17 pm

I'd go with the 120/90-18 on the rear.
21 is the front wheel diameter.
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: Tire fitment question   Tire fitment question EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 11:59 pm

Hey mate there will be no confusion on the size for the rear if you are going with the D606, as it's only available in the taller 90 profile.
( Also you have listed the rear as being a 120/~/21, but i think that we all know you really mean "18"...as pointed out above by YZEtc ).

Also as for the front, the size increase to the 90/90 is a good compliment to the taller "90" profile on the rear - so all good mate.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

PostSubject: Re: Tire fitment question   Tire fitment question EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 12:10 am

Hey Big-O,

I have the 120/90-18's on the rear (D606) and the 90/90R-21 on the front (MT21). It's a great setup. Be aware, however, that the bike feels a bit squirrely (on road) for the first 50-100 miles.

Direct swap. No fitment issues. Much improved on the trail.
Back to top Go down
Big-O

PostSubject: Re: Tire fitment question   Tire fitment question EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:49 pm

Great guys, just ordered them up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tire fitment question   Tire fitment question Empty

Back to top Go down

Tire fitment question
Page 1 of 1