Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?

Go down 
+2
motokid
NewfieThumper
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NewfieThumper

NewfieThumper

PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? Empty
PostSubject: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 3:07 pm

I have been searching for a map for my setup on all forums with no luck. I had a few dynojet parts laying around the shop for my sled and decided to take matters into my own hands.
I picked up my 08 WR250x about 2 months ago after selling my 08 GSXR 750. Needless to say I wasn't impressed with the bone stock WRx.
I purchased a PCV, Yoshimura RS2 slip-on and k&N filter, did all the mods, airbox flapper, AIS Removal, etc. Presto bike is night and day difference. No longer do I have to drop a gear or two to go up hills when cruising at traffic speeds.
The one thing missing was map support. There was nothing online I could find and know one willing to share, guys with auto tunes kept their maps to themselves. So I opted to use what I felt was the best map on the dynojet site. I used the two brother slip on map.
After a few rides with this map I noticed the bike felt a little sluggish and soot in the exhaust confirmed my suspicion, I was running rich.
My experience with the PCV was limited with bikes but I have used the PCV with my sled for the last 3 or 4 years. On my sled I had an Autotune and LCD touchscreen. In about 15 minutes I had it off the sled and ready to install on the WRx.
With the everything installed I went for a ride with the autotune turned off but could still measure AFR with the LCD unit. While riding I noticed thru most of the rpm range my AFR was 11.0 to 12.5. Way too rich for this little thumper. I returned home and pulled out the laptop and turned the autotune feature on and added my AFR table I created. Away I went and instantly there was a difference in throttle response. AFR was spot on this time. On the same road where I was 11.5 AFR I was now 13.2. The bike felt even better then before the autotune. Back to the house I went and looked at the trim tables. The autotune in most areas suggested I drop fuel. I accepted the trims and saved the fuel map and sent it to the PCV . Back on the road I went with the adjusted fuel map and this thing keeps getting better each ride. I did this a couple more times and each time fuel was reduced.
I am currently working on this map with each ride to perfect it. Bike feels crisp. I am waiting on some air vents for my airbox and I will need to do this over again. If anyone wants a copy of the map I am using just PM me your email and I would be happy to share my map. Also if anyone needs info on either the LCD screen or autotune install post in here.

PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? Image11
PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? Image13
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 4:15 pm

sending pm ...

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
NewfieThumper

NewfieThumper

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 8:41 pm

motokid wrote:
sending pm ...

How did the map work for you Motokid?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 7:29 am

It's been raining cats and dogs here for the past week ...or two ...or more.... (record rainfall in June)

So I have not loaded it yet.

Will try to get to it over the long holiday weekend.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 10:05 am

Loaded the file.

Will report back after I get a chance to ride.

Thanks.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 11:29 am

Are PCV maps compatible to a PCIII ? Either way, I'd be interested in your map once you open up the airbox with the vents, even if just to look at the numbers. I'm running a K&N with the airbox top removed and vents in the door.
Back to top Go down
NewfieThumper

NewfieThumper

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 12:11 pm

Chrispy1200 wrote:
Are PCV maps compatible to a PCIII ? Either way, I'd be interested in your map once you open up the airbox with the vents, even if just to look at the numbers. I'm running a K&N with the airbox top removed and vents in the door.  

Bike runs about 3-5% richer in the midrange with airbox door vents. I am workin on that map now. Not sure if a PCV map can be converted to PC3 but I do know it works the other way around. PM your email.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 1:20 pm

NewfieThumper wrote:
Bike runs about 3-5% richer in the midrange with airbox door vents. I am workin on that map now. Not sure if a PCV map can be converted to PC3 but I do know it works the other way around. PM your email.

Shouldn't that be leaner with the door vents ? PM incoming !
Back to top Go down
NewfieThumper

NewfieThumper

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 1:55 pm

Chrispy1200 wrote:
NewfieThumper wrote:

Shouldn't that be leaner with the door vents ?  PM incoming !

Sorry I should have worded it different. The map needs to be 3-5% richer in the midrange when a bike has the airbox door vents.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 2:25 pm

So with my setup:

FmF Q4
No Airbox door
Stock air filter
Stock header

On initial outing with new "Yosh" map I didn't really notice much difference from the map I got from PCV website.

What I did notice was my bike seemed to "pop" much more on deceleration when going from hard throttle to closed throttle.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
NewfieThumper

NewfieThumper

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 2:40 pm

motokid wrote:
So with my setup:

FmF Q4
No Airbox door
Stock air filter
Stock header

On initial outing with new "Yosh" map I didn't really notice much difference from the map I got from PCV website.

What I did notice was my bike seemed to "pop" much more on deceleration when going from hard throttle to closed throttle.

I'm riding at sea level to 1500 foot elevation. That map was made for airbox doroo the bike. When I get my new map made I with my frogzskin airbox modi will send you a copy
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 4:43 pm

Cool.

I'm in Delaware. Elevation from sea level to no more than 300 feet.
Today was about 90 degrees with what felt like 95% humidity. Very "thick" heat.

I figured your K&N and some airbox mods might be equal to my stock filter and open door.

Do you have a spark arrestor in your Yosh, or is it open on the end?

I have spark arrestor in my Q4.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
NewfieThumper

NewfieThumper

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 8:55 pm

motokid wrote:
Cool.

I'm in Delaware. Elevation from sea level to no more than 300 feet.
Today was about 90 degrees with what felt like 95% humidity. Very "thick" heat.

I figured your K&N and some airbox mods might be equal to my stock filter and open door.

Do you have a spark arrestor in your Yosh, or is it open on the end?

I have spark arrestor in my Q4.

I have the spark arrestor in. I have been giving the decel popping some thought. The map I made is the Two Brothers exhaust map from Dynotech but with the added auto tune. Its possible there is places on that map that never got adjusted due to me not hitting that in rpm or throttle position with the autotune. Unnecessary fuel may be puddling. I should have started with a zero map. I am resending you the a modded map of the last one when I did the Frogzskin airbox mod.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 12:13 am

I just went and got the map off my bike. I'd be happy to exchange and share if anyone is interested.

Basics:
Full Graves exhaust
No airbox door (no vents in side panel)
Stock air filter
PCV and Autotune
2300-2400' elevation.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 7:55 am

pbnut wrote:
I just went and got the map off my bike. I'd be happy to exchange and share if anyone is interested.

Basics:
Full Graves exhaust
Stock air filter
PCV and Autotune
2300-2400' elevation.

pm sent. Very happy thumb bow 

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 3:14 pm

pbnut wrote:

Basics:
Full Graves exhaust
Stock air filter
PCV and Autotune
2300-2400' elevation.

Wooo....... so you're map didn't work for me at all.

Must be the elevation.

Seemed the idle was lower. Is that possible?

Just off idle bike wanted to stall. And did.

There were spots in the lower rev range where bike felt like it was running out of gas. Fuel starved.

There was no popping on deceleration, but there were times the bike ran so rough I was scared I might not make it back home again.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 8:08 pm

Motokid did you try mine yet?
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 8:23 pm

motokid wrote:

Wooo....... so you're map didn't work for me at all.

Must be the elevation.

Seemed the idle was lower. Is that possible?

Just off idle bike wanted to stall. And did.

There were spots in the lower rev range where bike felt like it was running out of gas. Fuel starved.

There was no popping on deceleration, but there were times the bike ran so rough I was scared I might not make it back home again.
Interesting. I would attribute most of that to the elevation difference. Less fuel would cause a slower idle given all other things equal.

I'm curious about the off idle stall issue as I have this as well. It's not too much a problem though. As long as I blip the throttle off idle I don't have an issue. If I slowly roll of idle it will stumble and/or stall.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 5:16 am

WRXer wrote:

Not yet sorry to say.

Will try to get to it soon.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 5:23 am

pbnut wrote:

I'm curious about the off idle stall issue as I have this as well. It's not too much a problem though. As long as I blip the throttle off idle I don't have an issue. If I slowly roll of idle it will stumble and/or stall.

If was consciously thinking about it I could work through it.
If I reverted back to my standard riding practices I'd instantly stall the bike and then the bike would struggle to start again for a few seconds. I'd have to stab the starter button 3 or 4 times to get things going again.

I also felt some issues if riding along in third and forth gear at lower rpm's and just gently giving the bike a tiny bit more throttle. There were definite "dead zones" where it felt like the just off idle issues but with a few thousand more rpm's going.

I can tell you that with the map from the PC website, the 22-016-006 map, I have none of that "dead zone" stuff and I can lumber away from a dead stop as gentle as I care to without any stalling or near-stalling feel.

Again, I'm between zero and 300 feet elevation.  

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
NewfieThumper

NewfieThumper

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 7:23 am

motokid wrote:
pbnut wrote:

If was consciously thinking about it I could work through it.
If I reverted back to my standard riding practices I'd instantly stall the bike and then the bike would struggle to start again for a few seconds. I'd have to stab the starter button 3 or 4 times to get things going again.

I also felt some issues if riding along in third and forth gear at lower rpm's and just gently giving the bike a tiny bit more throttle. There were definite "dead zones" where it felt like the just off idle issues but with a few thousand more rpm's going.

I can tell you that with the map from the PC website, the 22-016-006 map, I have none of that "dead zone" stuff and I can lumber away from a dead stop as gentle as I care to without any stalling or near-stalling feel.

Again, I'm between zero and 300 feet elevation.  

Mine has been working spot on and I am continuing to trim the map that I sent you. The problem with my map is the pipe. We have different ones and that's where I think the problem lies. My house is 40 feet above sea level and most of my riding is from there to 500 feet. I go higher on occasion. What is your purpose in trying other maps? Are you having bike issues with your current setup? I just came off a 08 GSX-R 750 and my WRX doesn't have near the power or speed but my setup still puts a grin on my face. More so now then when the bike was stock.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 7:55 am

Just trying new maps to try them.

The -006 map from PC works really well for me.

I'd be surprised if your Yosh pipe and my Q4 are radically different.

At any rate, I'll load your revised map at some point in the near future and see what that feels like.

I like that your elevation is same as mine. thumb 

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 8:17 am

motokid wrote:

I think I'll take a look at that map and see what it has to offer. I can't recall whether it was for this bike, or the R6 I now have, but I was loading a map from the Dynojet site and to my surprise it also contained AFR tables, from Dynojet. I'll check to see if the map you mentioned also contains those tables. If they do I wonder how they'd compare to what I plugged in there. My target AFR's are pretty much guesses at what I thought would be appropriate.

Edit to add: No joy on the Autotune values. My map is pulling a fair amount of fuel just off idle though. I think I'll try adding some back, and changing the target AFR there as well so it stays put.
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 11:44 pm

motokid wrote:
WRXer wrote:

Not yet sorry to say.

Will try to get to it soon.

Note I use my map on a bike with:
Full exhaust
Flapper gone
Actual servo sub
No Toil hi-flow air filter kit
Otherwise stock airbox (with door intact)

If you run no airbox door that could be a big factor but still might give it a try. The open airbox will have by far the biggest effect on required fueling vs any pipe or other variable.
Back to top Go down
NewfieThumper

NewfieThumper

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 8:59 pm

After an email from Moto Kid about popping on deceleration and reading about the dyno session by TKO i decided to spend a bit of time on zero percent throttle. On the trim table I always kept 0% throttle at 0. I did notice some slight popping when coming off the gas and every time I heard it I checked my LCD's AFR gauge and sure enough it would run lean when letting off the throttle.
Today I added 13.2 AFR to my trim table @ 0% throttle.
Off I went for a ride on as many downhill sections as I could find so I could recreate the 0% throttle pop. When I got back I plugged in the laptop and sure enough there was fuel added to the 0% TP, there were leaner spots as well. I accepted the trims again, send map and off i went again. I can tell you after another quick ride once trims were accepted that the pop is gone from just one afternoon of riding. Its not perfect yet on decel but the AFR gauge has dropped when coming off the throttle. Before the AFR gauge would show instantly 99.9% AFR when letting off the throttle. I always thought that this was because of the throttle body closing and never gave it a second thought. Now after adding the 13.2% AFR to the 0% TP column the bike now shows between 14% and 16% AFR. Its not down to where I want it yet but I am only trimming 20% at a time. Next ride should add more fuel again to this range.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?   PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one? Empty

Back to top Go down

PCV Maps for Yoshimura Exhaust. Who wants one?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next