Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Sharing My New PC3 Map

Go down 
+5
rtj_ncsu
Big-O
raymondhenson
motokid
TKO
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TKO

TKO

Sharing My New PC3 Map Empty
PostSubject: Sharing My New PC3 Map   Sharing My New PC3 Map EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:15 am

I have been using maps posted by other people and have not been satisfied with the results, so I schedule a dyno session on a Factory Pro Dyno (reads four gases instead of one like DynoJet dyno's).  Anyway, $275 and 3 hours later I had my new map.  If you would like a copy send me an email request.

All normal disclaimers apply:  use at your own risk . . . for information purposes only.  deal 

Sharing My New PC3 Map Factor12

Please note: Factory Pro Dyno's read 15-20% lower than DynoJet dyno hp/tq numbers.

A/F Mods:

AIS removed
No-Toil Hi Flow Kit
Ultimate Air Box
FMF Power Bomb
FMF Q4 (spark arrestor in place)
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My New PC3 Map   Sharing My New PC3 Map EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:43 am

So how does bike feel to you now?

Noticable changes?

PC3 can be converted to PCV I believe.

PM sent.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
TKO

TKO

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My New PC3 Map   Sharing My New PC3 Map EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:03 pm

motokid wrote:
So how does bike feel to you now?

Noticable changes?

PC3 can be converted to PCV I believe.

PM sent.

The 1.6 gain in peak hp and 1.1 gain in peak torque don't tell the whole story.  The hp ramps up now in a very linear fashion and the torque "curve" is more of a straight line.  VERY noticeable changes in the character of the bike. Bike now pulls harder anywhere in the rpm range.  Instant throttle response anywhere you ask for it.  Like having a new bike.

Elevation 1175 ft according to Google Earth.

PC3 can be converted to PC5 and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
raymondhenson

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My New PC3 Map   Sharing My New PC3 Map EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:36 pm

Hi TKO .... PM sent.

Best, Raymond
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My New PC3 Map   Sharing My New PC3 Map EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 4:05 pm

So using the PCV software there's an "import pciii file" feature.

I did that, then saved the file as a pcv map. Literally took seconds. thumb 

I'm looking at the map and there's very VERY few instances where the program goes negative.

Even at zero throttle the program is adding fuel in most cases.
Is that possible?

Why add fuel to anything at zero throttle?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
TKO

TKO

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My New PC3 Map   Sharing My New PC3 Map EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 8:16 pm

motokid wrote:
So using the PCV software there's an "import pciii file"  feature.

I did that, then saved the file as a pcv map. Literally took seconds. thumb 

I'm looking at the map and there's very VERY few instances where the program goes negative.

That tells you that the factory map in the ECU is to lean to begin with.

Even at zero throttle the program is adding fuel in most cases.
Is that possible?

Why add fuel to anything at zero throttle?

Big Blue has to map the bike to pass emission testing (both gas and noise).  Most gas testing is done from the low to mid range in the rpm, so that's where they have to lean the map way out.  Look at the values on the map from 6000 rpm and up . . . not as big of changes done there.  Anyway, if the bike is lean in stock trim it is REAL lean when we open up the intake and exhaust and let them breathe.  So, gas must be added not only to protect the engine, but to allow for a better throttle response.  If you don't add fuel to zero throttle (idling sitting still or off the throttle at 65 mph) when you are way lean, your throttle response from there will suck big time.

Anyway, works great in my bike. YMMV because your mod's are different. I could not find any available PC map that did not have big dead spots in the delivery, so I got my bike mapped. Will my map work for you? I don't know. Try it and find out. If you are lucky it will.

Best results are almost always getting a custom map for your own bike. thumb 
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My New PC3 Map   Sharing My New PC3 Map EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:14 pm

Okay - loaded it onto my PC-V.

Will report back.

The idle was up closer to 1800 rpm's after download.

Very happy 

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My New PC3 Map   Sharing My New PC3 Map EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:51 am

Initial review:

Bike responded well. There was no popping when going from WFO throttle to fully closed throttle.

No flat spots. No issues with idle and gentle throttle.

Didn't notice any real difference in feel of power from the -006 map I was using from the PC website, but the lack of popping when slamming shut the throttle tells me perhaps this map is a "cleaner" option for me.

Still need more time with it though. Got about 20 miles in, and ten miles of it was after my "episode" with the kitten....Shog 

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
TKO

TKO

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My New PC3 Map   Sharing My New PC3 Map EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:03 am

motokid wrote:
Initial review:

Bike responded well. There was no popping when going from WFO throttle to fully closed throttle.

No flat spots. No issues with idle and gentle throttle.

Didn't notice any real difference in feel of power from the -006 map I was using from the PC website, but the lack of popping when slamming shut the throttle tells me perhaps this map is a "cleaner" option for me.

Still need more time with it though. Got about 20 miles in, and ten miles of it was after my "episode" with the kitten....Shog 

Hope it works well for you with future testing.

Afraid to ask about the kitten episode.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My New PC3 Map   Sharing My New PC3 Map EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:16 pm

TKO wrote:

click me Shog 

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
TKO

TKO

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My New PC3 Map   Sharing My New PC3 Map EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:55 pm

motokid wrote:
TKO wrote:

click me  Shog 

Ummm . . . . your leg will heal faster than your pride I am afraid. Shog 
Back to top Go down
TKO

TKO

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My New PC3 Map   Sharing My New PC3 Map EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 6:35 pm

All PM's and emails replied to. thumb 
Back to top Go down
Big-O

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My New PC3 Map   Sharing My New PC3 Map EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi guys and thank you TKO! I finally uploaded the file you provided to my bike and it seems to run better, as on explained above: no popping and the bike initially starts to idle around 1800 rpm, than drops after it warms up to about 1400 rpm. A few questions here, don't know if anything I'm doing is wrong or not. I opened the provided file and saved it as a .pvm or whatever it is,(pcv file). Than sent it to the pcv unit. All seems to be working well, bike runs well etc. My question is this, when you guys have the bike running for the allotted 60 seconds (as described in the autotune features selection window) does the "autotune running" indicator light on your screen light up? Mine does not light up and I have the on/off box checked in the autotune features checked. No other box is checked. Is this correct? Am I doing something wrong?
Back to top Go down
TKO

TKO

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My New PC3 Map   Sharing My New PC3 Map EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 9:14 pm

Big-O wrote:
Hi guys and thank you TKO!  I finally uploaded the file you provided to my bike and it seems to run better, as on explained above: no popping and the bike initially starts to idle around 1800 rpm, than drops after it warms up to about 1400 rpm.  A few questions here, don't know if anything I'm doing is wrong or not.  I opened the provided file and saved it as a .pvm or whatever it is,(pcv file).  Than sent it to the pcv unit.  All seems to be working well, bike runs well etc.  My question is this, when you guys have the bike running for the allotted 60 seconds (as described in the autotune features selection window) does the "autotune running" indicator light on your screen light up?  Mine does not light up and I have the on/off box checked in the autotune features checked.  No other box is checked.  Is this correct?  Am I doing something wrong?  

You are quite welcome for the map.

I am sorry, but I don't know squat about the DynoJet PC5 . . . I have the PC3. Maybe someone else will chime in and help you out?
Back to top Go down
rtj_ncsu

rtj_ncsu

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My New PC3 Map   Sharing My New PC3 Map EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 1:13 pm

Thanks TKO for the Map!!! I have put 800 miles on it with my 250x
Here are my mods:
2008 WR250X
Graves Full Exhaust
Uni Airfilter
Airbox Lid Removed
PC3 with Accel Pump Enabled

Here are my findings, Bike is a LOT smoother with very minimal popping/crackling. Not quite as much power on the top end as my old map however it is much nicer for the street and I am getting better MPG (75ish) which with my stock 2 gal tank helps out. Throttle is not as twitchy from 0-10% open. I am very happy with the map and and would recommend it to anyone else with my setup!
Back to top Go down
TKO

TKO

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My New PC3 Map   Sharing My New PC3 Map EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 8:53 pm

You are very welcome.

Glad it is working for you.  thumb
Back to top Go down
x3n05

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My New PC3 Map   Sharing My New PC3 Map EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 12:17 am

Thanks for sending me the map TKO.

Yesterday today I have been doing a bunch of mods to my 2013 WR250R and as of today it's as follows (only stuff relating to power):

WR250R 2013
FMF Q4
FMF Megabomb
Dynojet PCV (fuel + ignition)
AIS/Exup removed
Ultimate airbox mod (just popped the bottom half off)
No Toil Super-Flo air filter

I have installed your map and just went for a test ride (was painful waiting a day for gasket silicone to cure). It's much more responsive and seems to run well, I get a slight bit of popping sometimes on decel but nothing that worries me.

Sometime in the next week I am going to take the bike to get a dyno tune and will share my map once it is done (I will link a thread here). It will be very interesting to see the difference as you have a very similar setup.
Back to top Go down
x3n05

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My New PC3 Map   Sharing My New PC3 Map EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 5:16 am

As promised, I am sharing my PCV map I just had done today, thread here: https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t11192-pcv-fuel-ignition-fuel-map-to-share
Back to top Go down
jamesecox

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My New PC3 Map   Sharing My New PC3 Map EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 10:01 pm

TKO wrote:
I have been using maps posted by other people and have not been satisfied with the results, so I schedule a dyno session on a Factory Pro Dyno (reads four gases instead of one like DynoJet dyno's).  Anyway, $275 and 3 hours later I had my new map.  If you would like a copy send me an email request.

All normal disclaimers apply:  use at your own risk . . . for information purposes only.  deal 

Sharing My New PC3 Map Factor12

Please note:  Factory Pro Dyno's read 15-20% lower than DynoJet dyno hp/tq numbers.

A/F Mods:

AIS removed
No-Toil Hi Flow Kit
Ultimate Air Box
FMF Power Bomb
FMF Q4 (spark arrestor in place)

I would like to try your map in my 2017 WRR
Q4 slip on
AIS BO
Exup gone
KN Filter
Air Box flapper
Extra Holes in door
Back to top Go down
canadianshark74

canadianshark74

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My New PC3 Map   Sharing My New PC3 Map EmptyFri May 18, 2018 9:52 pm

I'm also looking for a PC3 map.
got my bike used , it came with a pc3 with stock map.
Back to top Go down
schmidtywrx

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My New PC3 Map   Sharing My New PC3 Map EmptySun Jun 03, 2018 8:10 pm

I am also looking to snag this map for my bike. Could someone send it to me please? Thanks

I pmd TKO already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sharing My New PC3 Map   Sharing My New PC3 Map Empty

Back to top Go down

Sharing My New PC3 Map
Page 1 of 1