Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels

Go down 
+6
beee
Wieb27
Chrispy1200
Berwyn Henderson
bambo
Wrex250
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Wrex250

Wrex250

Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels Empty
PostSubject: Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels   Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 2:38 pm

Will report back on these once I abuse them. They should ship next week. Going to Hollister Hills in California next month to properly test them out. Dirt wheels for the WR250X. 21/18" setup. $740 + free shipping for complete wheel setup, front/rear rotors, 44T black steel sprocket. Losing about 3.5 lbs of weight also. I sense a disturbance in the force....beavis 

Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels Black-red-front

Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels Black_red_hub_mx_rear_wheel
Back to top Go down
bambo

bambo

PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels   Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 6:19 pm

Did you call and order?
Back to top Go down
Wrex250

Wrex250

PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels   Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 6:28 pm

bambo wrote:
Did you call and order?
Yes. Kevin will hook you up.
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels   Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 6:47 pm

Will the front wheel work on the X, brake wise is what I am asking, maybe a different hub or disc? Berwyn
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels   Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 10:18 pm

Do you mind weighing the front wheel when you get it ? I'm curious how it compares to the stock Yamaha hub. thumb 
Back to top Go down
Wrex250

Wrex250

PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels   Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 11:52 am

Berwyn Henderson wrote:
Will the front wheel work on the X, brake wise is what I am asking, maybe a different hub or disc? Berwyn
Yes it will work. They have included the weird size 300mm rotor so it's a direct plug-n-play.

Chrispy1200 wrote:
Do you mind weighing the front wheel when you get it ? I'm curious how it compares to the stock Yamaha hub. thumb 
No problem. I think it will save a lot of weight. Not to mention the tire weight savings. Those big radial 17" tires are heavy.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels   Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 12:36 pm

Wrex250 wrote:

Chrispy1200 wrote:
No problem. I think it will save a lot of weight. Not to mention the tire weight savings. Those big radial 17" tires are heavy.

Actually, I want to compare it to the Wheeling dirt wheel I have for my X, which use an OEM X hub with a SM Pro rim.
Back to top Go down
Wieb27

Wieb27

PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels   Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 8:12 am

You'll be glad you did. I own the same ones (D606 on the rear MT21 on the front). Great set-up for off road and in 15 minutes you can throw the X wheels back on and be tearing up the street.
Back to top Go down
beee

PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels   Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 9:26 pm

I just ordered this set as well from their ebay listing. Tracking says it should be here in 2 days. cheers

I am going cheap and am going to try a diy tubeless, instead of well... buying tubes.
Back to top Go down
beee

PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels   Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 9:12 pm

So my rims came today, they look nice but I see one glaring problem..... The front hub bolt pattern is obviously different then stock for the rotor. I didn't notice till after they closed for the weekend so I just sent an email.

This is after I specifically asked if the oem rotor would fit on their wheel package. So this sucks, I was planning on tearing into the bike this weekend, now I have to wait to see if I should return them.

Does anyone know if there is a website where I can look up rotors by dimensions and bolt pattern? When I searched google all I found was that the DR rims have ktm rotors on them, nothing about yamaha.
Back to top Go down
250riders

250riders

PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels   Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 12:31 am

Wrex250, what is the width of the rims you have? Like a 1.85 front and 3.00 rear? Thanks for this post!
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels   Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 11:19 am

beee wrote:
So my rims came today, they look nice but I see one glaring problem.....  The front hub bolt pattern is obviously different then stock for the rotor.  I didn't notice till after they closed for the weekend so I just sent an email.

This is after I specifically asked if the oem rotor would fit on their wheel package. So this sucks, I was planning on tearing into the bike this weekend, now I have to wait to see if I should return them.

Does anyone know if there is a website where I can look up rotors by dimensions and bolt pattern?  When I searched google all I found was that the DR rims have ktm rotors on them, nothing about yamaha.

The stock X hub is kind of unique with the large ID mounting. Casting this shape is one thing, machining one is another. So they (Warp 9) compensate by making a large disc with a small ID mounting. Not the best setup to prevent warping, not to mention it's non-floating, but since this is most likely an off road setup, over heating probably isn't an issue but getting a replacement might be. Did you ask about the price of a spare disc ?

BTW, did you get a chance to weigh the front wheel ?
Back to top Go down
beee

PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels   Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 11:20 pm

I forgot to get the weight for you, sorry about that. I was excited to get them mounted up. I asked about getting replacement rotors and they basically will discount them for you, $65ish, kind of like there discounted wheel repair program. They also have floating rotors, but they don't normally sell them not sure why. But I think if you ask nice they will give ya the upgrade. It is risky being locked into one company for replacement parts, I am kinda nervous about that, but the package price vs the alternatives ultimately won out, since I could by a few rotors for spares and still be cheaper. Fit and finish is very good.

I put on pirellis mt-21 front and rear with tu bliss tubes and ride-on. They seem to be holding air, and no balancing issues to speak of. The wheels mounted up no problem with the stock spacers. The brakes seem weaker, which I guess makes sense since the wheels are a lot bigger. but I have a lot less traction now with knobbies so I don't really care.

Overall setup the wheels are the same weight, maybe an ounce our 2 heavier then the stock 17" wheels,tires,rotors, sprocket, tubes etc. I didn't weight them but I just compared them back to back and there is NO weight savings going to a dirt setup. I have heard people say otherwise, maybe they had over sized 17 inch tires, I don't know.

Handling of course is a lot different, it feels like increased nimbleness at the expense of stability. I feel a little knob/tire roll from the back wheel in turns which is a bit disconcerting, but I think I will get used to it. I am looking forward to taking it off road.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels   Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 4:57 am

worthless 
Back to top Go down
beee

PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels   Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 12:13 am

A little late but here are some photos.  Don't forget to check out the full floating front rotor

Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels IMG_20130929_124308_1_zpsb2bbbb5e

Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels IMG_20130929_124335_1_zps5cf70021

Just a brief update. I adjusted the spokes after the first ride, they weren't that bad, 2nd time I checked they were still good, going to check again soon, and then hope to just not worry about it. note* I am not a particularly aggressive rider your mileage may vary.

wheels still balanced, no brake pulse, tires noisy on highway, Slight steering wheel shimmy over 72, but no real complaints.

Its been almost a decade since I road a bike, so I am a bit rusty, but there seems to be a handling issue. I am not sure why, but the back wheel seems to have more traction then the front, I messed around with the air pressure and suspension settings which helped a lot, but it still isn't ideal. I have to run 13 psi or less off road in the front to keep the twitchiness/darting in check, does this sound right? conditions: hardpack, loose dirt, sand
Its like the rear tire has to much traction (running 15psi)scratch
The rear has more traction then I expected, impressively so, but the front has less then I expected.  The bike just isn't quite balanced. My gut feeling is its suspension related but I don't have enough experience to say what it could be. Maybe the yamalink? It came on the bike, so I have never ridden without it.
Back to top Go down
woofer2609

PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels   Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 12:01 am

I had the same problem, bike was wanting to roll over on itself going up hills. You could probably raise your fork legs in the triple trees so they are 7/8" above the clamp, measured to the the top of the fork leg, not the cap.
Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
250riders

250riders

PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels   Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 11:10 pm

I have my Warp 9 on order now. Going with a 19 x 2.15 front and a 17 x 3 on the rear. More of a ADV setup then dirt.
Back to top Go down
lvmonkey

PostSubject: follow up   Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 1:44 pm

so for you guys that have used the warp9 sets and continue to do so, how do you like 'em? i have the X, and ive been jonsein to get out on the dirt with more capable tires & wheels.

id like to order a set when uncle sam gives me back my hard earned money soon.

thx in advance
Back to top Go down
lvmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels   Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 1:46 pm

never mind- i just realized there are other posts for warp  amazon 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels   Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Ordered Warp 9 Dirt Wheels
Page 1 of 1