Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

clutch doesn't bite hard

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dallard2

clutch doesn't bite hard Empty
PostSubject: clutch doesn't bite hard   clutch doesn't bite hard EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 12:40 am

Bike is a 08 wrx with around 15000 miles. Just got it. It has a athena 290 kit with power commander and slip on.

It will power wheelie effortless in 1st and 2nd gear. In third it will power wheelie only when i stand up.  I tried to clutch it up in 3rd a few times but the clutch doeant seem to grab hard enough. The clutch doesnt slip at all when driving hard, only seems to when i snap it for a wheelie. I have seen a bunch of videos on youtube  of people clutching it up..

I am pretty good at wheelies and i know this bike should be easy to lift in third with the clutch.

Is yours the same? Maybe im due for some metal plates wet sand.. or even replacement of the fibers plates?  Just wondering if this is normal or not for the stock clutch (which i think is?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: clutch doesn't bite hard   clutch doesn't bite hard EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 6:34 am

Being a used bike, if I had any doubts, I'd replace all plates and springs with genuine Yamaha parts.
Back to top Go down
bluzharp

PostSubject: Re: clutch doesn't bite hard   clutch doesn't bite hard EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 5:17 pm

It might be the clutch, but if you're only about 3rd gear wheelies, change gearing or get a 450.
Back to top Go down
dallard2

PostSubject: Re: clutch doesn't bite hard   clutch doesn't bite hard EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 10:26 pm

bluzharp wrote:
It might be the clutch, but if you're only about 3rd gear wheelies, change gearing or get a 450.
Well i kind of like that it doesnt have too much power in the trails. I am new to go ride off road and with more power i would probably hurt myself.. i will probably lube the cable first and if that doest change i will get the clutch out and inspect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: clutch doesn't bite hard   clutch doesn't bite hard Empty

Back to top Go down

clutch doesn't bite hard
Page 1 of 1