Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR fuel pump doesnt like GMC trucks?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
urmomsayswhat

WR fuel pump doesnt like GMC trucks? Empty
PostSubject: WR fuel pump doesnt like GMC trucks?   WR fuel pump doesnt like GMC trucks? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 9:21 am

I suppose this post could fit in a couple possible spots on the forum, but as I'm not necessarily looking (at this point) for technical help I figured I'd post here as my experience is more entertaining than anything.

So, this weekend, (thanksgiving weekend for those of us in Canada) was gorgeous for riding in the Ottawa Valley, and will likely be the last of the mesh nylon riding coats with T-shirts underneath. As such I figured I would put some miles on my 250x and browse some of the local car lots. Something I do fairly often.

I filled up at the same station as usual, ive never had a fuel issue unlike other stations. Rode about 25 minutes to the next town West of where I am. This is where things got weird. I arrived at the local GM dealer. They have a seperate lot for their trucks. I parked the bike, shut it off and did some browsing. After about 10-15 minutes I decided it was time to move on. Sadly the bike didnt agree. It sputtered and tried to run then died. wouldn't run. I couldnt hear the fuel pump starting up at all. I waited 5 min or so and then figured I'd push it out of the lot towards a road to get picked up. After a half block though I tried it again. The bike started running. Sweet! i got on, drove all the way back home tried to replicate the problem, couldnt get it to die again like that. Weird but ok.

This has happened twice before, all three times over the course of this year. Where it gets odd though is that it's been in the same car dealers lot. Every time. It only has happened there, after taking different routes to the lot, different temperatures, different fuel levels. It's weird. Ive put on about 1500 km between incidents but it just seems to hate that GMC truck lot. I dont know why. baldy

Anyway if someone has a similar experience let me know. I think I'll replace my pump just in case.

Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

WR fuel pump doesnt like GMC trucks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR fuel pump doesnt like GMC trucks?   WR fuel pump doesnt like GMC trucks? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 10:15 am

urmomsayswhat wrote:
I suppose this post could fit in a couple possible spots on the forum, but as I'm not necessarily looking (at this point) for technical help I figured I'd post here as my experience is more entertaining than anything.

So, this weekend, (thanksgiving weekend for those of us in Canada) was gorgeous for riding in the Ottawa Valley, and will likely be the last of the mesh nylon riding coats with T-shirts underneath. As such I figured I would put some miles on my 250x and browse some of the local car lots. Something I do fairly often.

I filled up at the same station as usual, ive never had a fuel issue unlike other stations. Rode about 25 minutes to the next town West of where I am. This is where things got weird. I arrived at the local GM dealer. They have a seperate lot for their trucks. I parked the bike, shut it off and did some browsing. After about 10-15 minutes I decided it was time to move on. Sadly the bike didnt agree. It sputtered and tried to run then died. wouldn't run. I couldnt hear the fuel pump starting up at all. I waited 5 min or so and then figured I'd push it out of the lot towards a road to get picked up. After a half block though I tried it again. The bike started running. Sweet!  i got on, drove all the way back home tried to replicate the problem, couldnt get it to die again like that. Weird but ok.

This has happened twice before, all three times over the course of this year. Where it gets odd though is that it's been in the same car dealers lot. Every time. It only has happened there, after taking different routes to the lot, different temperatures, different fuel levels. It's weird.  Ive put on about 1500 km between incidents but it just seems to hate that GMC truck lot. I dont know why. baldy

Anyway if someone has a similar experience let me know. I think I'll replace my pump just in case.

You know I have seen some thing similar with a car I use to own.

I had a 1995 Ford Contour and there was one parking lot in Ann Arbor, MI that when I would start my car my air bag warning light would start flashing. If I drove a few miles and shut it off then started it again every thing would be fine. I repeated this several times with the same result. There was a phone company switching center across the street from the parking lot so I have always wondered if there was some sort of EMF interference with the air bag module that would set the light.
Back to top Go down

WR fuel pump doesnt like GMC trucks?
Page 1 of 1