Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud

Go down 
+2
dmmcd
4play
6 posters
AuthorMessage
4play

4play

ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud Empty
PostSubject: ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud   ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 6:24 pm

I wanted to use my ADVMonster 60's but didn't like any of the mounting options. I made this mount out of 3/16" ABS & it's all bolt in. I didn't modify ANY of the original components. I plan to use it with the rotary dimmer wired to one of them on low beam & it will run both WFO on high.

ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud Photo-3

ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud Photo-4

Somehow I got one slightly higher than the other, I'll cut out another piece know that I now what I need.

For those that don't know these LED's, they put out 3600 lumens each at 28w's each on full. Way overkill, but I do like a redundant light.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud   ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 11:02 am

It looks pretty cool! Is the light output far superior to the stock setup? Is it directional or just a massive flood? Are you going to melt the ABS?

Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud   ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 1:09 pm

This setup is not DOT legal.One of those lights puts out more than the stock headlight. They are 30 degree floods & they do really well on & off road. I had an 8" Trail Tech HID race light on my KTM & although it reached out farther it was not ideal for trail riding. The beam would rise & fall with the terrain & didn't illuminate the sides of the trails (were critters hide) as well as I wanted. I added one of these to the bars to supplement & wound up deciding I did not need the 8" race light any more.

I don't expect enough heat to be an issue, but when I remake the plate I could easily use aluminum. It would make a good heat sync too

Back to top Go down
camaroz1985

PostSubject: Re: ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud   ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 5:36 pm

Looks good. I heard ADVMonster will also be making a headlight fairing for our bikes soon (similar to they Lynx, but without the dash).
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud   ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 5:43 pm

The fairings have been out for a while, I've had this one on my Ninja for 7 months. Same lights as I have on the WR

ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud Photo-28
Back to top Go down
camaroz1985

PostSubject: Re: ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud   ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 6:00 pm

Right, but they are supposedly working on a bolt on kit for the WR250 like they have for the CRF250L.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud   ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 9:21 pm

John didn't mention it, but he did ask for pictures of how I mounted these  wink 

I did hold my mask up to the R2 & It looks like the upper light won't quite go under the instrument cluster to allow it to be mounted as close to the bars as I'd prefer. Although it works really well managing the airflow at highway speeds on the Ninja, my planned usage for the R2 a taller fairing is not needed.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud   ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 8:11 pm

I talked to John about his fairing on the R2 & he believes the upper light will clear if a different front fender was used without the hump for the stock headlight.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud   ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 8:26 pm

I remade the panel with the lights straight. I really like the lights, the rotary dimmer allows cruising through town without bothering anyone,. I also like the ability to turn the lights off completely if I choose. On full, it illuminates the roadway & ditches very well,

ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud B913fc22-f540-4bd3-9a2f-30a8e7943eac
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud   ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 12:43 am

4play wrote:
I remade the panel with the lights straight. I really like the lights, the rotary dimmer allows cruising through town without bothering anyone,. I also like the ability to turn the lights off completely if I choose. On full, it illuminates the roadway & ditches very well,

ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud B913fc22-f540-4bd3-9a2f-30a8e7943eac

I like that setup
Back to top Go down
TKO

TKO

PostSubject: Re: ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud   ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 8:23 pm

4play,

Check your pm please.
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

PostSubject: Re: ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud   ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 11:49 am

Hello 4Play,

Does you still have your template that you used to make your panel?

If you do can I get a copy.

I really like you set-up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud   ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud Empty

Back to top Go down

ADVMonster LED headllight in the stock shroud
Page 1 of 1