Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Air box flapper question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JS5Owner

Air box flapper question Empty
PostSubject: Air box flapper question   Air box flapper question EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 1:18 am

Has anyone simply disconnected the vacuume hose from the flapper vacuum actuator? I.e. Why take it all out when you can just disconnect and plug the line and the actuator holds the flapper down with no need to glue etc?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Air box flapper question   Air box flapper question EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 6:42 am

JS5Owner wrote:
Has anyone simply disconnected the vacuume hose from the flapper vacuum actuator?  I.e. Why take it all out when you can just disconnect and plug the line and the actuator holds the flapper down with no need to glue etc?

I didn't want all that useless shit under my seat.

It's kinda like getting a haircut then carrying the clippings around with you in your pocket. Why?  scratch 

Nobody is saying you can't do anything you want.

For most (I assume) it's a matter of why keep that shit in there when it's useless, disconnected, taking up space, and some small amount of weight that can otherwise be scrapped without issue.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
danwray

danwray

PostSubject: Re: Air box flapper question   Air box flapper question EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:47 am

I did exactly that. left it for a while with no problems, but i didnt really notice any difference, so i eventually put it back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air box flapper question   Air box flapper question Empty

Back to top Go down

Air box flapper question
Page 1 of 1