Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What would be considered a good deal?

Go down 
+5
shawman
mollycbr123
ezrdr55
emdavis197
scanderson76
9 posters
AuthorMessage
scanderson76

What would be considered a good deal? Empty
PostSubject: What would be considered a good deal?   What would be considered a good deal? EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 11:44 am

Hello all,

Just looking for some good honest feedback here. I am looking at purchasing a 2013 WRR and the dealer in Utah has it listed at $5,999. I asked if that was OTD and he reponded with the additional fees as 6891.43 OTD. The fees are:
1. freight 324
2. setup 40
3. state aged based fee 97 (what the F*&% is that?) I don't live in Utah so I don't think I should have to pay
4. dealer doc fee 119
5. license fee 82.12
6. yamaha rebate -200
7. tax 430.31

I am not into paying over 6k OTD on a 2013 so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Anderson
Back to top Go down
emdavis197

emdavis197

PostSubject: Re: What would be considered a good deal?   What would be considered a good deal? EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 12:07 pm

I just bought a '13 new off the showroom floor in NC for MSRP out the door ($6,700), and I also got a +3 year Yamaha factory extended warranty (approximate cost of $375 or so) included in the price. I typically decline extended warranties, but I thought this was a fair price. It is a 250 so it is going to rev hard and work hard. Apparently the Yamaha factory warranty is very good. The standard 1 year warranty plus an additional 3 years gives me 4 years of peace of mind, all at MSRP.

So, i'm thinking you may have a little wiggle room on the freight and setup, but you're not going to get out of the tax and license fee. My advice would be to offer $ 6,690 OTD (MSRP) and consider it a fair deal if they take it. The only other alternative is to keep watching Cycle Trader and CraigsList to see if you can find a better deal. Here in NC, they are a little hard to find. Not sure about out west.

Good luck. Let us know what happens.

Eric
Back to top Go down
scanderson76

PostSubject: Re: What would be considered a good deal?   What would be considered a good deal? EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 12:47 pm

thank you sir for the reply. I really don't want to go above 6k on a brand new 13 model so I am shooting for the stars on this one.
Back to top Go down
ezrdr55

ezrdr55

PostSubject: Re: What would be considered a good deal?   What would be considered a good deal? EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 3:41 pm

FWIW- Last weekend I bought a '14 for $6278.00 OTD...in MO we pay tax, title and license at the DMV.
Back to top Go down
mollycbr123

PostSubject: Re: What would be considered a good deal?   What would be considered a good deal? EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 6:46 pm

If your dealer is the only game in town, I'd also suggest keeping an eye on Craigslist or Cycle Trader.  When I was looking I saw quite a few WRs on Cycle Trader, new and used.  I picked up a like-new '12 with 348 miles on it for $5k even.  Tax and tags ran another $200.
Back to top Go down
shawman

PostSubject: Re: What would be considered a good deal?   What would be considered a good deal? EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 9:12 pm

That's not a great deal. I got my 2013 in December for $6000 OTD plus DMV fees. At the time it had some Yamaha cash back of around $400. Dont know if Yamaha still has that offer.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What would be considered a good deal?   What would be considered a good deal? EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 9:14 pm

Most shrewd buyers would tell them to drop the freight, setup, and doc fees or to stuff the whole thing.
All those fees amount to is extra profit for the dealer.
Back to top Go down
scanderson76

PostSubject: Re: What would be considered a good deal?   What would be considered a good deal? EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 9:18 pm

Thanks shawman...ok, here is where we are at. I have in writing a negotiated price of 5800 OTD with all fees excluding the tax I have to pay as I am purchasing in a different state. I think at this point I have a solid deal. I am driving down on Saturday to complete the transaction. Hope all goes well!
Back to top Go down
scanderson76

PostSubject: Re: What would be considered a good deal?   What would be considered a good deal? EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 9:01 pm

Just got back from picking up the bike, and just in time as it started snowing. To say the least I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the transaction went. I was in and out in under an hour and that was with taking a quick cruise and all paperwork and delivery. Very happy man right now!
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What would be considered a good deal?   What would be considered a good deal? EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 9:19 am

Did you get socked with any of those BS fees or not?
Back to top Go down
manybikes

manybikes

PostSubject: Re: What would be considered a good deal?   What would be considered a good deal? EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 4:46 pm

Congrats on the new purchase.
How about some photos !
Back to top Go down
scanderson76

PostSubject: Re: What would be considered a good deal?   What would be considered a good deal? EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 1:20 am

No bs fees...all went well!
Back to top Go down
scanderson76

PostSubject: Re: What would be considered a good deal?   What would be considered a good deal? EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 12:15 pm

What would be considered a good deal? Wrr15
Back to top Go down
ewrxshun

PostSubject: Re: What would be considered a good deal?   What would be considered a good deal? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 11:34 am

i picked up a new 2012 a couple weeks ago, it had 3 miles on the odo. when i went to pick it up after PDI.

$5558 base is what i got them to do.  +$456 state/local tax, $90 registration and $100 misc fees that included title processing. so $6204 out the door ready to ride with nothing to do at the OMV/DMV.
Back to top Go down
805gregg

PostSubject: Re: What would be considered a good deal?   What would be considered a good deal? EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 7:45 pm

There are a couple of new 2013 advertised in Ca for around $5900
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would be considered a good deal?   What would be considered a good deal? Empty

Back to top Go down

What would be considered a good deal?
Page 1 of 1