Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Found a good deal on a WRR !

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zone47

zone47

Found a good deal on a WRR ! Empty
PostSubject: Found a good deal on a WRR !   Found a good deal on a WRR ! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:00 pm

Hi everybody!

I just bought this bike today on line! I've never done anything that risky before, but I was checking these out when they first came out and put it on the 'must have list'.
Even buying site unseen I think it's a pretty safe bet, it only has 893 miles and the dealer said it appears never to have been dumped ( looking at grips and levers) and they went over it before taking it in as a trade in. The best part is, it was only $3350 / $3,792 total, with tax and title fees. eeek That's not too shabby is it? dunno

Found a good deal on a WRR ! ToNJG

Found a good deal on a WRR ! X26Pt

Now for the bad news, I'm only 5'6" so I'll be looking for a way to lower this puppy! It will be tip toe city for now. I won't be able to pick it up for a couple of weeks, and then have to wait for the weather to clear up, but it should be a blast for the summer time!
bow

I'm glad to have found this forum!
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Found a good deal on a WRR !   Found a good deal on a WRR ! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:03 pm

Sounds like a fair deal to me. :)

The rear shock's lower clevis mount is adjustable, so the rear ride height is adjustable.
If you slide the fork tubes up in the clamps a bit as well, the seat height goes down about an inch.
I'm 5'5", myself, and that did the trick.
Back to top Go down
zone47

zone47

PostSubject: Re: Found a good deal on a WRR !   Found a good deal on a WRR ! EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:28 pm

YZEtc wrote:
Sounds like a fair deal to me. :)

The rear shock's lower clevis mount is adjustable, so the rear ride height is adjustable.
If you slide the fork tubes up in the clamps a bit as well, the seat height goes down about an inch.
I'm 5'5", myself, and that did the trick.

Thanks, that's good to know! thumb I suppose with enough sag in the suspension, it will settle out even more. I'm not going to use it for any crazy dirt jumping, so it should be fine.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Found a good deal on a WRR !   Found a good deal on a WRR ! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 3:42 am

Our WRR rider is a stout 5'-3" and with the Yamalink she's in the comfort zone.

She also rides a CRF-X, also lowered, which is about the same height.

At 5'-9" even my CRF-X is difficult to manage in certain circumstances.

It's all about balance. anyone can ride fast. Learn to ride it slow and your comfort zone will increase.

Congratulations ! Great choice !
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: Found a good deal on a WRR !   Found a good deal on a WRR ! EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:55 pm

Sweet bike and a great deal i say!! keep us posted on mods and some pics!! thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found a good deal on a WRR !   Found a good deal on a WRR ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Found a good deal on a WRR !
Page 1 of 1