Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Won't start after winter - mouse nest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Magnabiker

Won't start after winter - mouse nest Empty
PostSubject: Won't start after winter - mouse nest   Won't start after winter - mouse nest EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 12:07 pm

Getting ready to sell the bike and did not expect any problems. No sound at all in trying to start. Battery charged and ok. Mouse nest found under the seat and one frayed wire can be seen from the electrical module. Any ideas on what to do / where else I can look?

Dave
Back to top Go down
wristpin

PostSubject: Re: Won't start after winter - mouse nest   Won't start after winter - mouse nest EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 1:54 pm

I had the same problem a few years back. Fix any buggered up wires and check for a blown fuse.
Back to top Go down
Magnabiker

PostSubject: Re: Won't start after winter - mouse nest   Won't start after winter - mouse nest EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 4:00 pm

wristpin wrote:
I had the same problem a few years back.  Fix any buggered up wires and check for a blown fuse.

Plastic on one wire worn but not really chewed through. Could even have been rubbing against something. I reseated every fuse and cleaned up mouse stuff and dirt. Started right up. So I really don't know what it was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Won't start after winter - mouse nest   Won't start after winter - mouse nest Empty

Back to top Go down

Won't start after winter - mouse nest
Page 1 of 1