Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Multi Function Display is dead....large "E" flashing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Beee Ceee

Multi Function Display is dead....large "E" flashing Empty
PostSubject: Multi Function Display is dead....large "E" flashing   Multi Function Display is dead....large "E" flashing EmptyThu May 15, 2014 7:19 pm

Whelps...I did a bonehead move and left my key in the ignition and allowed my battery to drain completely. I recharged the battery and my 2008 WRR roared up as usual. This time, however, the display, "Meter Assy" as Yamaha calls it, stopped working and only shows a large flashing "E". I checked all the connections and fuses, nothing. I decided to pick up a new battery hoping that would fix it, and that darn flashing "E" is still there.

Looked all over the internet and found that the Grizzly ATVs had this same issue and the only way to fix it was to replace the "meter assy". Lucky for them, they have a TSB, (Technical Service Bulletin), out for this issue and Yamaha is replacing their issue. So, I decided to call Yamaha Corporate directly to see if there was anything for the WRR with the same problem. After being on hold for 30min. the rep that handles the WRR side of the customer service told me that there is no such TSB for the WRR and that she cannot do anything for me, 1) because my bike is a 2008, and 2) there isn't a TSB for the WRR as there is for the Grizzly. Oh well, I tried.

Now, my only way to fix this issue is to purchase a new Meter Assy. Best price only is $270. I understand that I may have caused this issue, and I own up to that. My only issue now is my Odometer reading, once I replace the broken meter assy will be back to ZERO. This issue will make it hard for me if I ever decide to sell/trade my bike.

Anyone know of a way to at least get my odometer programmed to what it should be?

Thanks,

Ben
Back to top Go down

Multi Function Display is dead....large "E" flashing
Page 1 of 1