Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Will a Power Bomb quieten a Yoshi RS2

Go down 
+2
f3joel
carby
6 posters
AuthorMessage
carby

carby

Will a Power Bomb quieten a Yoshi RS2  Empty
PostSubject: Will a Power Bomb quieten a Yoshi RS2    Will a Power Bomb quieten a Yoshi RS2  EmptyFri May 13, 2011 12:01 am

Morning all,

First post! I love my little WRX and I love it even more with my new Yoshi RS2, it is preeeety loud though in the city.

I've heard that the power bomb claims to reduce Db. How this is possible? Only a fluid dynamics physicist can answer but does anyone have
any first hand experience?

This weekend; flapper and AIS removal, 12T sprocket.
Next weekend: PCv and Autotune install

cheers,
Carby

www.deus.com.au
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Will a Power Bomb quieten a Yoshi RS2    Will a Power Bomb quieten a Yoshi RS2  EmptyFri May 13, 2011 12:52 am

The megabomb is quieter than the powerbomb.
I have the powerbomb and a friend has the megabomb, both with powercore 4.
Mine is quite a bit louder.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Will a Power Bomb quieten a Yoshi RS2    Will a Power Bomb quieten a Yoshi RS2  EmptyFri May 13, 2011 1:30 am

I think the term "Power Bomb" and "Quiet" are oximoronish.

Muffling is done with the exhaust can and not the header, so I would not expect much difference. Probably worse ( more noise).
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Will a Power Bomb quieten a Yoshi RS2    Will a Power Bomb quieten a Yoshi RS2  EmptyFri May 13, 2011 6:17 am

I believe it'll change the tone a bit and make it sound a little deeper, but I doubt it'll be a drastic change.
Back to top Go down
toast

PostSubject: Re: Will a Power Bomb quieten a Yoshi RS2    Will a Power Bomb quieten a Yoshi RS2  EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:45 pm

I have had all three on a Q4 muffler. They work as advertised, the megabomb is quieter than the powerbomb is quieter than stock.

It has nothing to do with muffling, where the sound pulses are absorbed, but with phase cancelling the power pulses. At WOT there is no difference in sound, they're all loud with an aftermarket muffler.
Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

PostSubject: yoshi + megabomb   Will a Power Bomb quieten a Yoshi RS2  EmptySun May 15, 2011 3:17 pm

does anyone have a vid of the yoshi with the megabomb on there wr250? if so i would love to see the vid bc im thinking of doing this to my bike but i dont want to be to rediculously loud while cruising at 65-70
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will a Power Bomb quieten a Yoshi RS2    Will a Power Bomb quieten a Yoshi RS2  Empty

Back to top Go down

Will a Power Bomb quieten a Yoshi RS2
Page 1 of 1