Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Glasses & Goggles

Go down 
+3
YZEtc
GlibGuy
motokid
7 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Glasses & Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Glasses & Goggles   Glasses & Goggles EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 12:07 pm

Who wears glasses AND goggles when they ride?
You know....bad eyes...need glasses to see better, use goggles and MX helmet.

What goggles do you like and do they come in tinted as well as clear shields?

Any direct links to sales and/or product pages appreciated.

thumb

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down

Glasses & Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glasses & Goggles   Glasses & Goggles EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 12:58 pm

I wear glasses but when I ski or ride dirt, I use goggles over contact lenses. It is a PITA, but better than trying to deal with goggles over glasses. One issue is I can't read maps with the contacts...

There are also prescription goggles available.
Back to top Go down
GlibGuy

GlibGuy

Glasses & Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glasses & Goggles   Glasses & Goggles EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 2:18 pm

I wear glasses and wear "Scott" googles over them.  The googles have a clear lens and are sized to go over glasses.  It works well unless I'm riding in heavy rain (it's hard to keep both glasses and googles from steaming up).
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Glasses & Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glasses & Goggles   Glasses & Goggles EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 8:48 pm

I wear eyeglasses all day long, and have been wearing goggles over my glasses for 33 years of riding.
I use the Oakley L-Frame goggles which are made to be worn over glasses.
What makes them different from non-over-glasses goggles is the relief made in the goggle frame to allow room for the earpieces of your glasses.

You can buy optional tinted lenses of varying tint and colors.

http://www.motosport.com/atv/OAKLEY-MX-L-FRAME-GOGGLES

If you go for these, make sure you read the info about it and that you're getting the L-Frame goggle that is made for over glasses.
I think that Oakley, in their infinite wisdom, changed the name of their goggles recently, and there is now another goggle called the L-Frame sand goggle that is not made for over glasses.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Glasses & Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glasses & Goggles   Glasses & Goggles EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 5:17 am

Thanks YZEtc - I'll look into those. thumb

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

Glasses & Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glasses & Goggles   Glasses & Goggles EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 5:05 pm

I had Oakley L-Frame goggles for skiing back in the day. Worked well enough, but would fog up as soon as I stopped.
I only wore my glasses (no goggles) for DH mountain biking because they'd fog up instantly.

Now I ride with an Icon Variant and no glasses, no contact lenses. How?

LASER EYE SURGERY !!!! It's been 3 years now and the only thing I regret is waiting so long....
Back to top Go down
GlibGuy

GlibGuy

Glasses & Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glasses & Goggles   Glasses & Goggles EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 4:45 pm

Sort of related, but, does anyone wear the dual sport style helmet with the flip up shield?  A couple of my riding buddies have the Arai XD-4.   The shield can be removed and you can still use googles if it's dusty.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

Glasses & Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glasses & Goggles   Glasses & Goggles EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 4:48 pm

As I said a post ago, I use my Variant.

Glasses & Goggles IMG_20130316_122832
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Glasses & Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glasses & Goggles   Glasses & Goggles EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 7:31 pm

Im looking at maybe the fly trecker with the slide down visor, that way I dont have to wear my glasses under goggles, progressive lenses are a pain, it only seem to feel good when I have my beer goggles on, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

Glasses & Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glasses & Goggles   Glasses & Goggles EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 7:47 pm

BTW, for what it's worth, I occasionally wear my Oakley Split Jacket's while riding. They have a somewhat large "arms". It feels a little tight, but not bad. I get used to it very quickly.
Regular eyeglasses should feel fine.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Glasses & Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glasses & Goggles   Glasses & Goggles EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 10:28 pm

I have a DS helmet with Shield that I wear a set of bifocal safety glasses. The safety glasses have a foam pad around the frame so you don't cut your face up if you go down.

I have also ridden this way with my MX helmet and just used the bifocal safety glasses instead of goggles. You can get them in different strengths and tints.

http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/bf74.html

http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/bf67.html

I may want to give these a shot in the future:

http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/bf61.html
Back to top Go down
DWK

Glasses & Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glasses & Goggles   Glasses & Goggles EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 2:08 am

Fiftygrit wrote:
Im looking at maybe the fly trecker with the slide down visor, that way I dont have to wear my glasses under goggles, progressive lenses are a pain,  it only seem to feel good when I have my beer goggles on, cheer`s

I'm using the Fly Trekker with glasses. For low to moderate speed dirt riding, the visor stays up and I have not had problems with it sliding down. In the up position the visor does not interfere with my vision of the trail but if I look upward, I notice it's there. At highway speeds I drop it down and it again works well with the glasses.

I'm content with this setup.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Glasses & Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glasses & Goggles   Glasses & Goggles EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 4:54 pm

Thanks DWK when im in Arizona this winter I will be trying that helmet for sure. shipping up here in Canada is killer. I looked at the flatland skid plate, they wanted $50 shipping up here, "not"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Glasses & Goggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glasses & Goggles   Glasses & Goggles Empty

Back to top Go down

Glasses & Goggles
Page 1 of 1