Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Matko2297

Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted? Empty
PostSubject: Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted?   Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted? EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 11:45 am

Hello guys i own a wr250x 2009(17000km) and have a problem. i heard a weird noise in engine on certain revs but i thought it was the front sprocket so I took it to my mechanic. They told me this is a problem that yamaha cross bikes have too(and that this is a industrial problem). This is because some part of engine is not well lubricated and the materials are wearing out. He showed me the cams cap and told me that the side, where the chain comes on, has bearing and the other side doesn’t, and that side should be the problem. They were telling me that they had to cut some materials out (I don't know much about bikes). Also they told me that this is a problem that will never go away, the sound will come back in certain time and they had to repair it again. And that this process can be used only 2-3 times then I will have to buy a new cylinder head. The price of that service will be around 520e( still waiting for correct numbers).
So pls help me, is this really possible? Is this true? Anyone had that problem?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted?   Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted? EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 1:43 pm

My opinion on that:

Bunk.
Back to top Go down
Matko2297

PostSubject: Re: Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted?   Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted? EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 7:09 am

Soryy bad at English. What does mean ''bunk''?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted?   Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted? EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 8:57 am

Bunk = Don't believe it.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted?   Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted? EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:29 am

When you say "I took it to my mechanic" what does that mean?

Do you have a personal relationship with a certified Yamaha motorcycle mechanic?

If I had to guess, I'd say you need to find a new mechanic.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Matko2297

PostSubject: Re: Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted?   Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted? EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:50 am

No i took to a Honda dealer,( we have no relationship, he was just the best option in my city). We have a Yamaha dealer in my city but all are saying that he is the worse mechanic in the country.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted?   Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted? EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 10:18 am

Bring it to your Yamaha dealer and see what he says...

But I agree that the Honda dealer is bullshitting you.
Back to top Go down
Matko2297

PostSubject: Re: Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted?   Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted? EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 10:30 am

I realy don't want to go there. He was my previous mechanic(on old bike). I ower payed him, hi did calculate thinks that even weren't done. My firend has warranty there and is driving his bike there and is not satisfied with him + the service hour is 10€ more expensive then elswhere. I will try a mechanic that my other friend suggested me, but he is like 30min away
Back to top Go down
Matko2297

PostSubject: Re: Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted?   Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted? EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:00 pm

i got correct numbers now.
They callculated me: cylinder seal 23,07€, head seal 40,59€, engine seal 20,09€, seal engine cover right 19,57€, seal engine cover left 20,09€, consumables materials + HANDLING tread CYLINDER AND HEAD + Turning (cutting) head 188,52€, OIL filter 3,7€, oil 15,5€, working hours (5,2h) 106,56€. All together is 438,55€ + tax 96,49€ so it is 535,04e
(I had to translate it to English so maybe something makes no sense) So what do you think on that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted?   Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted? Empty

Back to top Go down

Weird noise at certain rpm. Can they be trusted?
Page 1 of 1