Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Another weird one - vanished airscrew!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
66T

66T

Another weird one - vanished airscrew! Empty
PostSubject: Another weird one - vanished airscrew!   Another weird one - vanished airscrew! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 10:48 pm

I took my WRR for a 50km ride just to charge the battery, and for the hell of it, before returning to work in early August. About 2km from home, pulled up at an intersection, and the bike refused to idle. Instead, it just ran at about 4000rpm (dunno really, but that's what it sounded like!).

Rode it home and found the idle adjusting screw (air screw) had fallen out! No way of finding it, as it could've been anywhere on the open road.

What is it with this bike? I seem to keep asking this question. I've never had anything like it happen in my life. Needless to say, there are no new air screw sets in Australia, so it's ex Japan again.
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

PostSubject: Re: Another weird one - vanished airscrew!   Another weird one - vanished airscrew! EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 7:01 pm

Hello 66T

I was reading some of your post and you have had some weird problems.

Are you discouraged with the bike? It sounds like in the conditions that you use your WR your other bikes have given you less problems?

I am just wondering if you have a lemon or is the work environment?

Thanks,
Ken
Back to top Go down
michiko

PostSubject: Re: Another weird one - vanished airscrew!   Another weird one - vanished airscrew! EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 7:58 am

ha-ha that's fucked up man. shit i remember playing with mine when i installed the rekluse, isnt that just a normal kind of screw with a springy thing attached, surely you can work something out their.
he uses his bike for work not to get to work. kinda jealous .
that is the first time i have ever heard of this problem on any bike. it isnt the bike. its the short straw and i guess your work. as far as i can tell, this is the best bike ever made, apart from the fuel pump, the rectifier, the shitty tail light, the air box, the exhaust, the battery and now that screw. gonna check mine tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

PostSubject: Re: Another weird one - vanished airscrew!   Another weird one - vanished airscrew! EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 10:00 pm

I must admit that I've had my patience tested by this bike. The stator issue is obviously a problem since there's a recall on them.

The fuel pump is another story. I can't really blame anyone, but suffice to say I think the quality could be better. Another known problem which should've been fixed by recall imo.

Dirt in the steering bearings? Wtf?? Apparently it's common with aluminium-framed dirt bikes.

Fork seals... Well, usd forks.. say no more.

But the bike is so good to ride that I am forced to forgive it, and soldier on. I don't think it's a lemon really. It's just used in unusual conditions.

When a WRR's cooling system is working properly (always so far), I have yet to have the overtemp light come on, even in the hottest, horriblest weather. Now that I'm really impressed about.
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

PostSubject: Re: Another weird one - vanished airscrew!   Another weird one - vanished airscrew! EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 2:53 pm

Glad to hear you still enjoy your bike!

It is always interesting to read your post and see what is going on with your bike since it is operated in conditions that most of us will never subject our bikes too.

I went riding with drater from this sight last Friday...He has 73,000 miles on his bike most of the miles from hardcore off-roading. (I could not keep up with him, he rips on that bike.)

I found it incredible that these little bikes can take that kind of punishment!
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

PostSubject: Re: Another weird one - vanished airscrew!   Another weird one - vanished airscrew! EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 7:20 pm

73k miles! That demands respect!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another weird one - vanished airscrew!   Another weird one - vanished airscrew! Empty

Back to top Go down

Another weird one - vanished airscrew!
Page 1 of 1